This essential tool guarantees your construction site will always be fully compliant with the DoL's new construction regulations...
If your site fails to comply with just one of the DoL construction regulations, it could result in an incident that leaves dozens of people injured or even dead!
Click here to ensure that never happens on your site...
10 Appointment letters you must have in your health and safety file
1. Letter of appointment of Principal Contractors
(Construction Regulations 4(1)).
2. Appointment of Site Construction Supervisor
(Construction Regulation 6(1)).
3. Appointment of Assistant Site Construction Supervisor (where applicable)
(Construction Regulations 6(2)).
4. Copy of appointment of Health and Safety Auditor
This is usually in the form of a letter. You also need to keep copies of the audit reports with this (Construction Regulations 4(1)(d)).
5. Appointment of full or part-time Health and Safety Officer (where applicable)
(Construction Regulations 6(6), 6(7) and 6(8)).
This letter of appointment serves as a job description and will vary from site to site. You need to keep proof of competency on file. You can prove competency by doing reference checks, looking at employment history and doing knowledge and skills tests. The degree of competency depends on the range and nature of the work.
Read on for five more appointment letters you need to include in your health and safety file…
Five more appointment letters you may need for your construction site
6. Appointment of a competent Fall Protection person
They must be responsible for preparing a fall protection plan (Construction Regulations 8 (1) (a)).
7. An Excavation Supervisor
(Construction Regulations 11(1)).
You must appoint this person in writing and keep a copy of the appointment in your health and safety file.
8. Appointment of competent person to supervise and control all demolition work on site
(Construction Regulations 12).
This person must keep (on file) records of all checks and inspections he updates daily.
9. Person responsible for Explosive power tools
He must have gone for training and you must keep proof of the training on file. You must also keep the records of issuing tools and cartridges, etc. (Construction Regulation 19 (3) (b)).
10. Construction Vehicle Operator and Supervisor
Checklists must also be available and in your health and safety file.
(Construction Regulation 21(1)(j)).
These aren't the only appointment letters you may need to stay compliant with the Construction Regulations 2014
compliant. For the full list and sample letters, click here.