Element#1: Total duration of your plan:
Are you responsible for EE in your company? Read this now!
In the new amendments to the Employment Equity Act
, the DoL says you must:
· Get rid of all unfair discrimination
– or face a R30 000 fine;
· Draw up a legally compliant EE plan every year
– and use the new method to submit;
· Pay employees who do the same work equally
– or risk being taken to court;
· Set up an EE forum that is a correct representation of the nation
– be careful, SAPS got this wrong;
· Report on how you're achieving your EE goals
– but what if you're not…?
· And loads more
But do you even know where to start?
Get all the information you need to get to grips with the EE Act requirements at the EE Summit 2016.
Plus with 9 case studies from HR Professionals in SA, you'll walk away with practical tips and tools you can use to comply with the EE Act.
Click here for more information…
Your EE plan mustn't be shorter than 1 year, or longer than 5 years.
Element#2: Goals for each year of your plan:
You need to set out what EE measures you are planning for each year.
Your goals must consider the intended result and your company's circumstances.
Also, they must fall in line with your company's broader business strategy.
Element#3: Affirmative Action Measures
You must set out what steps you are taking in order to increase the opportunities for previously disadvantaged people at your company.
Such steps can relate to the:
· appointment of members from designated groups;
· furthering diversity;
· promotion of people from designated groups;
· retention of people from designated groups; etc.
Element#4: Numerical targets for your plan:
For each year of your plan, you must set out and give details on your numerical goals for achieving equitable representation in your company.
But when developing your numerical goals, there are various factors that need to be considered.
*To find out what those factors are, go to Chapter E 04, page 025,
in your Labour Law for Managers
If you don't already have this indispensable resource, now's the time to get your copy today.
Simply click here
to get your hands on this fantastic resource.