- Your Health and Safety Representative has resigned. Include these seven elements in his hand-over plan
- When your Health and Safety Representative suddenly resigns, you need to have a clear and detailed hand-over plan in place.
That way, your next elected Safety Representative knows exactly what's required of him. And the transition won't hurt your productivity.
Read on for seven essential elements to include in his Safety Rep hand-over plan...
Fulfilling ... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Does your Health and Safety Representative perform these five key tasks?
- As an employer you know it's key to improve the health and safety of your workplace. But important tasks can be overlooked or forgotten, and this is why you need a health and safety representative.
Here are five tasks a health and safety representative (HSE rep) should do to keep your workplace safe! **************
The only DoL recognised guide to select your Health and Safety Representative
... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- If you don't listen to your health and safety representative, your risk assessment is doomed to fail
- As the boss, you know what's best for your company. No one else can make the important decisions about money, products and investment.
But when it comes to health and safety, you might need some help. The fact that you sit in your office and don't see what your employees do means you don't know what'll protect them best.
This is why you need to involve your health and safety representative.... ››› more
- [09 March 2017]
- What's the difference between a contract of employment and letter of appointment?
- What's the difference between a contract of employment and an appointment letter? Do you know? Take a look below as I explore the differences and why you need to know them... Dear Reader
I recently had coffee with a friend of mine who owns her own business. We got chatting about appointment letters, and there was me rattling on and on about who in the company should or shouldn't have.
An... ››› more
- [17 October 2016]
- Is there a difference between a Health and Safety Rep and a Health and Safety Officer?
- Do you know there's a distinct difference between a 'Health and Safety Representative' and a 'Health and Safety Officer'? Read on to find out what the difference is...
We use the terms 'Health and Safety Representative' and a 'Health and Safety Officer' loosely, but do you know there's a distinct difference between the two? You need to know what the difference is as they perform different functi... ››› more
- [11 October 2016]
- Your 'E' responsibility in HSE Representatives and SHE
- If you yawn when you see the words 'Green', 'Recycle', 'Greenhouse gasses' or 'Carbon footprint', you're going to get into trouble!
You're responsible for health and safety in your company and now you also have the previously 'ignored' environmental responsibilities and obligations on your plate.
The government is getting SERIOUS about environmental concerns and will hold you liable if you'r... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- The ten functions of your Health and Safety Rep
- You've recently appointed a Health and Safety Rep. But do you know exactly what he should be doing?
Firstly, his most important function is to monitor your company's OHS compliance.
And it's his responsibility to make sure your company's processes are safe. And the health and safety of your employees is always a top priority.
Here are his nine other functions...
*********Top rated****... ››› more
- [05 June 2015]
- Who's in charge of health and safety communication in your company?
- Here's something you probably don't know: It doesn't matter what your job title is, if you're in charge of communications then you're in charge of communicating your health and safety plans and procedures to your staff.
Your legal obligations for your health and safety communication system
Your main duty is to provide the right information, instructions, training and super... ››› more
- [24 April 2015]
- Do you know what to do if your Health and Safety Rep suddenly resigns? Here are four things to have in place BEFORE he does
- It's not something any of us think about or really plan for in advance. But what exactly would you do if your Health and Safety Rep had to suddenly resign?
How will this implicate health and safety in your business? Is he the only one serving the health and safety function in your company?
Here are four things you need to have in place before this happens to your company!
**********Best b... ››› more
- [17 April 2015]
- Your Health and Safety Officer has seven essential responsibilities: Are you familiar with them?
- Your Health and Safety Officer has a rather large area of responsibilities on his daily list.
He needs to protect employees' health and safety by making sure risks in the workplace are properly controlled and to ensure that your business is complying with all aspects of health and safety.
Here's what you need to know about your Health and Safety Officer's responsibilities...
... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- Eight functions of your Safety Representative
- Did you know that if you employ 20 or more workers you must appoint a representative to monitor health and safety conditions?
If you don't, you'll be on the wrong side of the law, because it's a legal OHSA requirement.
Your Safety Representative's main function is to monitor the health and safety of your employees. But there are also seven other tasks he also needs to perform.
Read on to ... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- Do you know what Health and Safety general duties you have to your employees?
- When it comes to the health and safety domain, an employer has various responsibilities towards their employees. Some of them refer to the process of risk assessment while others include the systems of work and the personal protective equipment.
Let us give you some specific information about the duties you have as an employer when it comes to your health and safety policy!
Here are your ge... ››› more
- [06 April 2015]