• Take control of sick leave abusers now!
• Four actions you can take to stop sick leave abuse
• Cut down on rising sick leave abuse in your company today
Do you ever suspect that your employee may be abusing sick leave
, but you lack proof? We've uncovered the patterns of sick leave
abuse and formed a fool-proof remedy! Keep reading to find out more.
Take control of sick leave abusers now!
Employees who continually take sick leave
can be a huge liability for you. You can lose thousands of rands if just one or two of your employees are constantly absent.
We've put together nine easy steps to take control of sick leave and sick leave abuse.
Four actions you can take to stop sick leave abuse
1. Measure sick leave abuse
- Have you noticed when annual leave is denied, sick leave
is taken in its place? I'm sure Fridays and Mondays are no strangers to abuse in your company. Measure sick leave
taken often because it will show you patterns of abuse better. It'll save your company thousands every year.
2. Motivate your employees
– Have you gotten suspicious or vague sick leave
requests just after an overtime
assignment is announced? You're not alone. Don't let your employees pull the wool over your eyes. You can motivate them to be more productive in very simple steps! Our team has come up with useful ideas to motivate employees. And we've received positive testimonies from our subscribers! Find out more in section M01 of the Practical Guide to Human Resources
. If you're not subscribed keep reading to find out more.
Cut down on rising sick leave abuse in your company today
What if you suspect your employees are claiming to be sick when they're not? Find out what you can do to cut down on sick leave
abuse in your company. If not you'll contribute R19 billion to sick leave
Find out now and save your business time and money!
3. Encourage annual leave
– Sick leave was created for sick people. We all have days when the very thought of going to work hurts. Encourage your employees to take annual leave to fix this condition! Taking a day off once in a while will help the mind and body rest.
4. Report cases of abuse
– Whether you've found a questionable doctor's note or identified a substance abuser, it's important to make a report all cases of sick leave
abuse. You can find ways to deal with these common cases in your Sick Leave Policy.
When you control sick leave
abuse in your business you'll also get a grip on absenteeism
. You can learn more on how to manage Absenteeism in A01 of the Practical Guide to Human Resources Management
. If you don't have the Practical Guide to Human Resources Management
, get yours today
Product Manager – Practical Guide to Human Resources Management
P.S. Get your copy of the Practical Guide to Human Resources Management today and get a FREE HR Organiser!
Enjoyed this article? Subscribe to receive these free articles in your inbox daily.