- Five provisional tax myths dispelled so you can pay your tax on time and avoid penalties
- There are a lot of myths about provisional tax.
These often lead to taxpayers neglecting their tax duties, over-paying or worse, underpaying on their provisional tax obligation.
As the 27 February deadline for provisional tax approaches, it's crucial you know the facts about provisional tax so you can make your payment correctly and on time.
To help you with this, today we uncover five ... ››› more
- [03 March 2015]
- You only have one day left to submit your provisional tax return! Here are two quick tips to help make your submission quick and painless
- The deadline for submitting your provisional tax return is tomorrow (27 February 2015).
If you haven't submitted yet, you only have one day left.
What's more, if you don't pay your provisional tax on time, SARS will charge you up to 200% in penalties.
But don't fret.
Here are two tips you can use to make your submission quick and painless.
Submit your provisional tax return befo... ››› more
- [26 February 2015]
- Three ways provisional taxpayers can benefit from the recent Administration Laws Amendment Act
- In January, President Jacob Zuma signed four Acts into law. One of these was the Tax Administration Laws Amendment Act.
While changes to tax laws don't usually benefit taxpayers, you'll be glad to know you stand to benefit quite significantly from this if you're a provisional taxpayer.
Keep reading to find out why changes to the Act are good news for provisional taxpayers.
*********** ... ››› more
- [24 February 2015]
- 'Will I get my money back from SARS if I pay too much provisional tax?'
- Tom is a business owner from J'oburg. He knows the 27 February deadline for paying provisional tax is fast approaching.
But he's thinking of not paying his second installment as he's worried he won't get his money back from SARS if he pays too much provisional tax.
Are his concerns valid?
Read on to find out if SARS will refund you if you pay too much provisional tax.
*********** Re... ››› more
- [12 February 2015]
- 'How should I work out my second provisional tax payment?'
- At the moment, our tax experts are getting a lot of provisional tax questions. This doesn't come as a surprise. Provisional taxpayers are preparing to make their payments by 27 February. And it's clear they don't want to make mistakes.
One question that keeps coming up is about how to calculate the second provisional tax payment.
Read on to find out so you can work out your provisional tax c... ››› more
- [05 February 2015]
- Follow these three steps when completing your February provisional tax return or you'll be in line for hefty SARS penalties
- The 27 February deadline for making your provisional tax payment is fast approaching.
While it may not be the first time you're paying it, it's easy to make mistakes. Unfortunately, SARS will charge you penalties for them. And as you know, SARS penalties can go up to 200% - and that's the last thing you want.
To avoid SARS penalties, keep these three important steps in mind when you complet... ››› more
- [04 February 2015]
- File your provisional tax return in just five minutes by following these 13 easy steps
- With the August deadline for provisional taxpayers fast approaching, you need to get your tax return in.
But you probably keep putting it off because you think the filling process is going to take you hours.
I'm here to tell you this isn't the case.
You can complete and submit your provisional tax return in just five minutes, if you follow these 13 easy steps...
These 13 steps will ... ››› more
- [27 January 2015]
- Use these four documents to correctly calculate your provisional tax before the February 27th submission date
- The 27th of February is the deadline for provisional taxpayers to submit their returns and pay their taxes.
If you're a provisional taxpayer, you might think you have plenty of time. But remember, it's already half way through January now and it will be the end of February before you even know it.
If you leave it till the end of February to work out your provisional tax, you might make a m... ››› more
- [19 January 2015]
- Before you make your February provisional tax payment, take note of these three important points so everything runs smoothly
- Attention provisional taxpayer: Your next provisional tax payment is due on 27 February 2015. That's just a few weeks away.
Making your payment can get tricky if you don't have the right information on your hands. And you could end up making costly mistakes.
We don't want you to experience any hassles.
That's why today, we're revealing three important points you must take note of before y... ››› more
- [08 January 2015]
- Use these four documents to calculate your provisional tax correctly and avoid SARS penalties
- Your next provisional tax deadline is coming up in February 2015.
That's not actually that far away.
That's why today we'll tell you about the four documents you must use to calculate your provisional tax.
Without them, your provisional tax calculation will be incorrect. And SARS won't think twice about charging you a 200% penalty for this.
Don't take that risk.
Find out what these... ››› more
- [05 January 2015]
- Do you know you might have to pay SARS provisional tax in February? Here's how to check if you do!
- Provisional tax is a tax structure that lets you estimate and pay your taxes in two payments (one every six months).
This means the taxman gets regular payments from you. And you don't have to make one big payment at the end of the tax year.
Now, not everyone is a provisional taxpayer. Those who are, must make their next payment to SARS by 27 February 2015.
We often find that provisional ... ››› more
- [01 January 2015]
- Before you complete your provisional tax return, check these three items to guarantee it's 100% accurate
- February 2015 is just around the corner.
As a provisional taxpayer, one of the things you must do in February is submit your provisional tax return to SARS.
If you don't, SARS will charge you penalties.
Since that's a risk you can't afford to take, read on to find out the three items you must check before you complete your provisional tax return so you can submit an accurate one.
... ››› more
- [30 December 2014]