- 10 Appointment letters you must have in your health and safety file to stay compliant.
- Managing a construction site isn't easy. That's why you need to manage the appointment of the right staff to help you.
When the DoL comes knocking, you need to be able to prove the competency of your health and safety team members.
For every new construction project you start, you must have an up-to-date health and safety file.
Here are 10 appointment letters the Construction Regulations ... ››› more
- [19 December 2016]
- Let's test your knowledge... Do you know the difference between a 16.1 and 16.2 appointment letter?
- We speak about them often enough. And by now you should know by law you have a 16.1 and 16.2 appointment. But, do you actually know what the difference is?
Warning! If the DoL finds out you haven't completed this one Health and Safety compliance requirement you'll pay thousands of rands in penalties...
Click here to discover t... ››› more
- [15 November 2016]
- What's the difference between a contract of employment and letter of appointment?
- What's the difference between a contract of employment and an appointment letter? Do you know? Take a look below as I explore the differences and why you need to know them... Dear Reader
I recently had coffee with a friend of mine who owns her own business. We got chatting about appointment letters, and there was me rattling on and on about who in the company should or shouldn't have.
An... ››› more
- [17 October 2016]
- Fail to do this and the DoL WILL fine you for non-compliance
- The DoL doesn't mess around when it comes to non-compliance. If it catches you for not complying with the OHS Act, it will fine you.
But a fine isn't the worst thing it could do. It could also shut your business down and take you to court. If the court finds you guilty, you could spend up to two years in jail.
That's why you must never fail to do this one thing to ensure the DoL doesn't com... ››› more
- [06 October 2014]
- Two health and safety appointments that'll change the way you manage your company's health and safety
- Health and safety isn't just your responsibility as the owner of your company.
Yes, you must know what's going on because at the end of the day you make the final decisions, but you can appoint members of staff to positions to support and help you in your health and safety efforts.
In fact, by making these two appointments in your company, you can share the weight of your health and safet... ››› more
- [18 August 2014]
- Three factors you must consider when you issue an appointment letter to your employees
- If you haven't issued your workers with appointment letters you're not complying with the OSH Act and its regulations. Yesterday I mentioned what appointment letters are and how they're the most overlooked part of your health and safety compliance. If you didn't read it, do it now because these simple documents are what stand between you and R50 000 in penalties for non-compliance!
Keep reading... ››› more
- [18 July 2013]
- Revealed! The most overlooked part of your health and safety compliance!
- Have you appointed a fire marshal, first aider and HSE rep? I'm sure you thought you can just tell them what to do and they'll do it right? Wrong! If you don't issue your employees with appointment letters, you'll have the DoL breathing down your neck!
Keep reading to find out what you need to do. ******************
Yours: 68 legally compliant appointment letters at a click of a button...
... ››› more
- [11 July 2013]
- Have you issued your new construction worker with a letter of appointment?
- According to Sheqafrica.com, construction health and safety practitioners now have to write a safety registration exam set by the SA Council for Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) to gain professional designations, regardless of their qualifications. The move by the SACPCMP is aimed at improving health and safety standards in the construction industry and to curb the practic... ››› more
- [20 June 2013]
- If you're involved in construction, you'll need to have the following in your health and safety file
- Drive around South Africa or open the newspaper and you'll see the evidence of how much construction is taking place in the country right now. New shopping centres are going up... Roads are being upgraded... And massive construction projects like the SKA in the Cape are being undertaken. That's great news for the economy. But it's a paperwork headache for companies that'll need to ensure their hea... ››› more
- [25 March 2013]