- The importance of skills development in the new BBBEE codes - and how to score well in this element...
- The new BBBEE codes came into play on 1 May 2015. They introduce the concept of 'priority elements'. They include ownerships, skills development, and supplier and enterprise development.
In simple terms: You need to get above 40% in these elements. If you don't your rating will drop a level.
You'll also drop a level if less than 10% ownership is black. This drop is automatic. So if you want ... ››› more
- [21 July 2015]
- Amended Codes from May 1. Does your company need to be B-BBEE rated?
- Rob Davies, minister of Trade and Industry (DTI), explained recently that he can't extend the B-BBEE deadline again so that means the revised codes will come into effect on May 1.
Althought industries have stated that they aren't ready to comply with the new BEE codes, , officials at the DTI have continued headstrong towards their own self imposed deadline. According to Davies, the sector codes... ››› more
- [28 April 2015]
- To continue to thrive in business, make sure your company is still B-BBEE compliant come the end of the month
- Although complying with the BBEE Act and codes is a voluntary matter, there are many benefits that come with doing so.
In fact, experts warn that if you want your business to thrive, adhering to the B-BBEE Act is vital.
And that's something bidders for the Gauteng government's recent advertising tender are very aware of.
This after, out of the 12 companies who put in bids, five were ins... ››› more
- [09 April 2015]