- Calculating CGT? Make sure you understand these two key concepts first
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is a tax you pay on the profits you make on the disposal (sale) of your assets. And there are two key concepts you must understand before you calculate your CGT.
You must understand two key concepts before you take charge of your business's CGT.
Let's take a closer look at each of these key concepts.
Understand these two con... ››› more
- [27 December 2016]
- You will avoid CGT if you dispose any of your assets in these seven ways
- You probably know that certain events are regarded as disposals for CGT purposes.
But did you know that if you dispose of an asset in these seven ways, then there's no disposal of CGT involved?
Read on to find out more...
Three instances where you don't have to pay Capital Gains Tax... And eight other ways to LEGALLY beat the taxman!
Giving a huge percentage of y... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
- Good news: You won't trigger CGT if you dispose of an asset in one of these ways...
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is the tax you pay on the profits you make on the disposal (sale) of your assets. The good news is, there are tax breaks and exclusions in South African tax law designed to give you tax relief and lower your CGT bill. And if you dispose of an asset in one of these four ways, then there's no disposal for CGT.
8 ways to LEGALLY beat the taxman
The... ››› more
- [17 April 2014]