- 12 important documents you must have when a DoL inspector shows up on your construction site!
- A DoL inspector can enter your construction site at any time - without any previous notice - to ensure your site complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Here are 12 documents to include in your health and safety file, for when he comes knocking on your door... 1. Health and safety specifications
Even though these specifications can often be located in the bill of quantities o... ››› more
- [27 January 2017]
- 9 steps to ensure legal compliance during a health and safety inspection
- Inspectors from the Department of Labour (DoL) can arrive at your business's doorstep, completely announced, and legally demand to inspect your workplace to ensure compliance with all health-and-safety legislation.
And if you're caught out, you'll face harsh penalties and fines which will severely hamper your business.
So don't ignore this very real possibility! Follow these 9 simple steps t... ››› more
- [10 March 2016]
- Five tips to prepare for the labour inspector's visit
- Labour inspections are a routine part of labour law. They're there to advise you and your employees on your right s and obligations under labour law; to investigate any complaints that might be lodged against you; and ensure you comply with employment laws and, of course, to carry out inspections.
A labour inspector can literally appear for an inspection of your business without any notice what... ››› more
- [20 August 2015]
- Apply these five measures when preparing for a DoL inspection
- To avoid the possible fines and avoid any other risks during a Department of Labour (DoL) inspection, apply the following five rules and stick to them.
Apply these five measures when preparing for a DoL inspection
To avoid the possible fines and avoid any other risks during a Department of Labour (DoL) inspection, apply the following five rules and stick to them.
Use these measures... ››› more
- [25 March 2015]
- 13 points that make up the DoL inspector's health and safety inspection checklist
- When a DoL inspector comes to assess your workplace health and safety, he won't just haphazardly walk through your workplace. He'll come in with a plan, a purpose and a checklist.
This checklist will cover all the points he needs to check during the inspection. Next to each one, he'll tick 'yes' or 'no'.
If he ticks 'no' it could spell bad news for your company.
Thankfully if you know ... ››› more
- [12 December 2014]
- If a DoL safety inspector comes to your workplace, do you know what he'll focus on most?
- The Department of Labour (DoL) is in charge of overseeing every aspect of workplace compliance. This ranges from fair labour practices to basic working conditions and health and safety.
For the DoL to assess these various areas of compliance, it sends out inspectors to assess companies.
So if a DoL inspector walks into your company, be prepared for him to assess your compliance with the Emp... ››› more
- [24 November 2014]
- Take these seven easy steps and go from non-compliant to scoring a 100% on your next DoL inspection
- If your company is guilty of health and safety non-compliance, you're in serious trouble because it could result in a fine, shut down or even jail.
That's why today we're revealing seven easy steps that will help you take your company from non-compliant to 100% ready for that DoL inspection.
Read on to discover what they are so you can ensure your health and safety measures are DoL-proof sta... ››› more
- [06 November 2014]
- Have you complied with these four training regulations? A DoL inspector will check during his next inspection
- One of the most important safety regulations you must comply with is the one about health and safety training.
Because of its importance, the DoL inspector will check your training records when he comes to assess your company's health and safety.
And there are four particular training regulations he'll want to see you complied with...
The DoL inspector will check you've complied w... ››› more
- [04 November 2014]
- Here are three things a DoL inspector will look for when assessing your safety equipment
- It's an OHS Act requirement to put safety equipment in place in your workplace.
That's why, if a DoL inspector rocks up at your workplace, he'll assess your safety equipment.
But do you know what he'll look for?
Read on to find out so your equipment passes the test...
The DoL inspector will assess your safety equipment and he'll look for these three things when he does
... ››› more
- [04 November 2014]
- If a DoL inspector arrives at your workplace, he'll want to see you've done these four things when it comes to PPE
- When it comes to the OHS Act, you have to comply with every rule, no matter how small or simple you think it is.
That's why the DoL sends out inspectors to check you've complied with the OHS Act in full.
This includes checking your company's personal protective equipment (PPE). After all, this is also a legal requirement under the Act.
So if you open the door to find a DoL inspector stan... ››› more
- [04 November 2014]