- The DoL took 1400 companies to court for not complying with employment equity law...
- Last year, the DoL took 1 400 of South Africa's medium and large companies to Labour Court for not complying with the Employment Equity (EE) Act.
The first issue of non-compliance was that these companies didn't submit their EE reports. And as we all know, this is one of the legal requirements you need to meet as a designated employer. So the DoL decided to make an example of them and set a pre... ››› more
- [03 February 2017]
- The amendments to the EE Act have changed things when it comes to EE reports! Here's what you need to know
- As you know, on 1 August 2014, the amended Employment Equity Act (EE Act) came into effect.
One of the key amendments to the Act relates to Employment Equity (EE) reports.
The procedure for submitting reports has changed significantly and it's important that you know each and every detail so you can comply and avoid penalties that run into millions of rand.
Keep reading to find out how the ... ››› more
- [12 September 2014]
- Haven't submitted your Employment Equity Report? Here's what you NEED to know to meet next week's deadline
- The deadline for submitting Employment Equity (EE) Reports online is looming. In fact, you only have five days left until the 15 January 2014 deadline. But, there's no need to panic. Here's what you need to know to hand your company's Employment Equity Report in on time...
'If you missed the October deadline for submitting your Employment Equity Report, you can still submit it online at www.lab... ››› more
- [10 January 2014]
- Will you pass your EE inspection with flying colours should the DoL come knocking at your door?
- The Department of Labour (DoL) has increased the number of workplace inspections they're doing. If they do an Employment Equity (EE) inspection of your company, make sure you have the appropriate EE records ready, says FSPBusiness. Here are 12 documents you need to have in your company EE file for an inspector to view...
According to LabourNet, the move by the DoL to increase the frequency of E... ››› more
- [15 July 2013]