- Retrenchment letters could land you in trouble at the CCMA if you don't get it right!
- Retrenchment letters are a hot topic at the CCMA right now! The CCMA says cases involving retrenchment increased in the first four months of this year and were considerably ahead of the number referred to the CCMA in the previous period. If your company's planning to retrench, it's crucial that you ensure your employee's notice of retrenchment letter contains all the required details. One wrong mo... ››› more
- [26 October 2016]
- Follow this important tip when considering who to retrench
- Your business is under a lot of pressure, and in order to survive you strongly believe that the best decision will be to retrench employees.
When looking into retrenchments, there are some questions you'll need to ask yourself beforehand. And 1 of those questions has to do with the selection process you'll use in determining which employees to retrench.
You would more than likely opt for an ... ››› more
- [23 November 2015]
- Are you thinking about retrenchments? Then FIRST consider these 10 points
- As reported on Independent Online, the South African mining company, Sibanye, warned recently that its profits may be hit hard.
This is as a result of lost production, due to the labour disruptions caused by wage negotiations earlier this year.
The mining group already reported that operating profit, for the quarter ending September, fell to R1.59 billion from R1.78 billion as compared to a... ››› more
- [02 November 2015]
- News: Lonmin confirms retrenchment of 6000 employees
- Platinum mining company, Lonmin, who were chastised earlier this year, by an independent enquiry, for the Marikana massacre in 2012, will be setting out to cut its workforce by 6000- this is as reported on the Citizen.
On top of that, it will set out to raise US$400 million through a rights issue, as well as restructure debt so it can restore its balance sheet.
It's worth noting that Lon... ››› more
- [22 October 2015]
- Do you know what to include in your notice letter of retrenchment? Find out here
- You DON'T have to reach an agreement during consultation in order to retrench. But you must ensure you consulted properly and used up all possible alternatives.
If you do happen to reach an agreement, then put all the details in a written agreement, signed by yourself and the union (in the case you were consulting with a union).
But if you don't reach, you can still go ahead with the retre... ››› more
- [19 October 2015]
- Retrenchment letters! Do you know what to include in your retrenchment letters to employees?
- Last year Anglo American Platinum announced its plan to cut 6 000 jobs instead of the 14 000 it predicted. Did Anglo American Platinum issue legally correct retrenchment letters to their employees? Why did Anglo American Platinum decide to send retrenchment letters to their employees?
Should your company find itself in the same situation, it's important your company's retrenchment process is pr... ››› more
- [13 May 2013]