- Examine these three elements to effectively schedule for your next health and safety audit
- Health and safety audits have the potential to become an absolute nightmare! Because if you don't plan for them properly, they'll drag on forever. And in the business world, time is just not something you can afford to waste!
This is a common problem for many employers, and they often find they waste valuable time when audits come along.
The trick here is to schedule your health and safety... ››› more
- [12 August 2016]
- The three characteristics you need for a spotless health and safety audit
- Health and safety audits are something we all have to do on a regular basis. In them you'll look into your health and safety system to identify any new problems, to determine your progress from the last evaluation, to reprioritise areas you should improve on, and make your overall health and safety system is as efficient as possible.
But that's easier said than done. And just because health an... ››› more
- [12 August 2016]
- Revealed: How to reduce 80% of all your on-site accidents
- What if I told you, there was a way you could reduce your on-site accidents by 80%?
For example, if you dealt with 32 injuries and accidents in the last 12 months in your construction or manufacturing environment... I guarantee you could potentially drop that figure to seven incidents in the next 12 months.
And less injured employees mean you save money! That's no absent employees you have t... ››› more
- [18 July 2016]
- Five reasons why you need to conduct health and safety audits
- You've heard it being said many times, namely that you need to carry out health and safety audits in the workplace.
But why exactly? Well, for starters, you are legally required to do so under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA.
But there's more!
Keep reading to find out five key reasons why you need health and safety audits...
No more piles of paper:... ››› more
- [15 June 2016]
- Four steps to follow after you've completed your health and safety audit
- You have to conduct regular health and safety audits in your workplace to ensure that all health and safety systems are running smoothly. Not only is this a legal requirement under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), but they'll also help you identify any workplace hazards, and implement corrective measures, before they lead to an unwanted accident.
Now, most of you know how to condu... ››› more
- [10 June 2016]
- The most important element of any health and safety audit
- In order to be legally compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), you need to carry out regular health and safety audits in your workplace to ensure that all health and safety systems are running smoothly.
They help you to identify any workplace hazards before they lead to an unwanted incident.
Now, when it comes to actually conducting a health and safety audit, it should ... ››› more
- [13 May 2016]
- My 7 tips to do your health and safety audit like a pro!
- You must do a legal compliance audit at least once a year. And the best news is, as long as you choose a competent person, anyone in your company can do it. Here are my top 7 tips to help your employee perform your health and safety audit like a pro... Dear Reader
To see if your health and safety system is legally compliant, you should do a compliance audit at least once a year. You need to cov... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Consider these 3 factors to conduct an effective health and safety audit
- A health and safety audit is an in-depth look at your health and safety systems. And you're required to conduct them out at least once a year to ensure you are still in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Now, when it comes to your health and safety audits, timing is crucial! In other words, you want to use time as efficiently as possible.
To do this, you should plan ou... ››› more
- [13 April 2016]
- 3 Tips to ensure your internal health and safety audit is a success
- Before you know it you'll be required to conduct yet another health and safety audit over all your health and safety systems and procedures.
Here, you'll have the choice of either an internal or an external health and safety audit. And should you opt for the internal option, you will be allowed to select a competent employee of yours to carry out the audit in the workplace.
In order to en... ››› more
- [13 April 2016]
- 10 Steps to the perfect health and safety audit
- Did you know, you should never audit your own system for an extended period of time as you may become complacent and overlook risks? The success of your audit depends on how well you know it, and have prepared for it. Here's 10 steps you need to take to guarantee the perfect health and safety risk management audit... You know the saying, 'a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing'? In health and... ››› more
- [17 February 2016]