- Six factors to consider when preparing your health and safety audit schedule
- You know you need to conduct health and safety audits regularly. They help you identify the key problems in your Health and Safety System, check you're compliant and helps you prevent problems before they happen.
Before you start your audit, you need to draft a schedule to plan how you're going to approach your audit.
Attention! Heal... ››› more
- [04 January 2017]
- Health and Safety Audits: The two things you must cover in your pre-audit meeting
- You need to carry out health and safety audits at least once every year. Not only will it help you identify any problems within your workplace's health and safety system, but according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, conducting them is a legal requirement. The most important step is your pre-audit meeting.
In this meeting, you must ensure that two important things are covered before ... ››› more
- [16 August 2016]
- The four things you must do after your health and safety audit
- You've conducted health and safety audits in the workplace before, simply because it's a legal requirement under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). And also because it's helps you stay on top of safety in your workplace, so you can avoid any unnecessary workplace accidents from occurring.
So that's quite clear, but how many of you know the follow-up procedure once you've successfull... ››› more
- [16 August 2016]
- Examine these three elements to effectively schedule for your next health and safety audit
- Health and safety audits have the potential to become an absolute nightmare! Because if you don't plan for them properly, they'll drag on forever. And in the business world, time is just not something you can afford to waste!
This is a common problem for many employers, and they often find they waste valuable time when audits come along.
The trick here is to schedule your health and safety... ››› more
- [12 August 2016]
- Revealed: How to reduce 80% of all your on-site accidents
- What if I told you, there was a way you could reduce your on-site accidents by 80%?
For example, if you dealt with 32 injuries and accidents in the last 12 months in your construction or manufacturing environment... I guarantee you could potentially drop that figure to seven incidents in the next 12 months.
And less injured employees mean you save money! That's no absent employees you have t... ››› more
- [18 July 2016]
- Five reasons why you need to conduct health and safety audits
- You've heard it being said many times, namely that you need to carry out health and safety audits in the workplace.
But why exactly? Well, for starters, you are legally required to do so under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA.
But there's more!
Keep reading to find out five key reasons why you need health and safety audits...
No more piles of paper:... ››› more
- [15 June 2016]
- Consider these 3 factors to conduct an effective health and safety audit
- A health and safety audit is an in-depth look at your health and safety systems. And you're required to conduct them out at least once a year to ensure you are still in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Now, when it comes to your health and safety audits, timing is crucial! In other words, you want to use time as efficiently as possible.
To do this, you should plan ou... ››› more
- [13 April 2016]
- 3 Tips to ensure your internal health and safety audit is a success
- Before you know it you'll be required to conduct yet another health and safety audit over all your health and safety systems and procedures.
Here, you'll have the choice of either an internal or an external health and safety audit. And should you opt for the internal option, you will be allowed to select a competent employee of yours to carry out the audit in the workplace.
In order to en... ››› more
- [13 April 2016]
- The biggest reason you need to do a health and safety audit in your company today!
- It's simple really...
By law, you must protect the health and safety of your employees. And one of the best ways to do this is to conduct a health and safety audit.
It helps identify the gaps and issues in your health and safety system, giving you a chance to correct them and make your workplace even safer.
If you're not quite convinced why you need to do an audit, here are 6 more reason... ››› more
- [29 January 2016]
- Follow these 2 steps to carry out effective health and safety audits
- You should be carrying out a legal-compliance audit on all your health and safety systems at least once a year. Doing this helps spot any problems in your health and safety systems, which can prevent any future problems from occurring. The logic behind its importance is somewhat self-evident, and yet its process is not necessarily straightforward.
What do I mean by that?
Well, it's simple - ... ››› more
- [17 November 2015]