- Don't hire the wrong employee
- I'm sure you know the best potential employees prepare for an interview. They study, they research and they rehearse. They think about what they can say to make you hire them over anyone else.
But what about you?
Do you make sure you're prepared to ask the right questions? Do you get the right information from the candidate to make sure he can do the job? If not, you could be hiring the wr... ››› more
- [09 January 2017]
- Want to hire the best candidate for the job? Use these key actions to do just that...
- It's vital that all your hiring decisions are backed up by planning and deliberate effort. Without this crucial step, chances are you won't be able to hire the best candidate for the job. Don't take that risk. Use these key actions to ensure you get the best person for the job.
Failing to prepare your interviewers for an interview is just one of the hiring hazards that lead to poor hiring decis... ››› more
- [26 September 2013]
- Do you make these three key hiring mistakes?
- If you think it's only your interviewee who must prepare for his interview, you're wrong. As the hiring manager, you must make sure all your hiring decisions are backed up by planning and deliberate effort. Here's how to avoid common hiring mistakes and ensure you get the best person for the job.
The most crucial aspect of hiring new employees is to make sure the recruitment process is conducte... ››› more
- [04 July 2013]
- Are you guilty of hiring employees based on 'gut-feel?'
- Don't let hidden factors sabotage your best intentions when judging people, competence and personality. You'll have difficulty justifying the reason for your decision on legal or job-related grounds if you hire only on 'gut-feel'. Here are factors you need to be aware of to ensure you don't hire by 'gut-feel'.
As the manager, you must ensure all your hiring decisions are backed up by planning a... ››› more
- [02 July 2013]