- Your Health and Safety Representative has resigned. Include these seven elements in his hand-over plan
- When your Health and Safety Representative suddenly resigns, you need to have a clear and detailed hand-over plan in place.
That way, your next elected Safety Representative knows exactly what's required of him. And the transition won't hurt your productivity.
Read on for seven essential elements to include in his Safety Rep hand-over plan...
Fulfilling ... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Does your Health and Safety Representative perform these five key tasks?
- As an employer you know it's key to improve the health and safety of your workplace. But important tasks can be overlooked or forgotten, and this is why you need a health and safety representative.
Here are five tasks a health and safety representative (HSE rep) should do to keep your workplace safe! **************
The only DoL recognised guide to select your Health and Safety Representative
... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- Is there a difference between a Health and Safety Rep and a Health and Safety Officer?
- Do you know there's a distinct difference between a 'Health and Safety Representative' and a 'Health and Safety Officer'? Read on to find out what the difference is...
We use the terms 'Health and Safety Representative' and a 'Health and Safety Officer' loosely, but do you know there's a distinct difference between the two? You need to know what the difference is as they perform different functi... ››› more
- [11 October 2016]
- Do you even know what a Health and Safety Rep is and why you should have one?
- I write to you daily about all sorts of health and safety issues and topics. And I know sometimes I throw around a lot of terms quite loosely...
Like health and safety rep...
And it occurred to me, some readers may be new to my daily bulletin. And some may be new to their health and safety position. Some may even be small business owners who are just learning about health and safety laws they ar... ››› more
- [30 September 2016]
- Your 'E' responsibility in HSE Representatives and SHE
- If you yawn when you see the words 'Green', 'Recycle', 'Greenhouse gasses' or 'Carbon footprint', you're going to get into trouble!
You're responsible for health and safety in your company and now you also have the previously 'ignored' environmental responsibilities and obligations on your plate.
The government is getting SERIOUS about environmental concerns and will hold you liable if you'r... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- Properly organize your safety notifications that relate to the Department of Labour. Rules to follow
- There are certains regulations you should follow when it comes to the Department of Labour and health and safety. One field, is that your safety files and registers have to be archived under specific rules that you need to know.
Let's take a look at what the most important aspects of health and safety management are when dealing with the Department of Labour
Safety management and the Departm... ››› more
- [14 April 2015]
- Eight functions of your Safety Representative
- Did you know that if you employ 20 or more workers you must appoint a representative to monitor health and safety conditions?
If you don't, you'll be on the wrong side of the law, because it's a legal OHSA requirement.
Your Safety Representative's main function is to monitor the health and safety of your employees. But there are also seven other tasks he also needs to perform.
Read on to ... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- Here are the duties you, the employer, share with your company's Health and Safety Representatives
- Although your Health and Safety Representatives (or HSE Reps as they're commonly referred to) carry out most of the responsibilities when it comes to your company's health and safety duties, employers should know that many of the duties when it comes to health and safety at the workplace also belong to them.
Let's take a look at them.
You and your HSE Rep share these safety responsibilities... ››› more
- [02 April 2015]
- Do you know your Health and Safety Representatives' duties?
- As part of your duties, you need to make sure your Health and Safety Representatives aren't neglecting their responsibilities.
As it is the case in every situation, you can only make sure this is not happening if you know the law.
And today, we're helping you with that...
Here's what your Health and Safety Representatives have to keep an eye on
Firstly, Health and Safety Representative... ››› more
- [02 April 2015]
- Comply with these three OHS Act rules about labelling, packaging, transportation or you'll face harsh penalties
- There are several OHS Act regulations you must comply with depending on the industry your business is in.
Three of these regulations contain a rule about labelling, packaging and transporting hazardous materials.
If you work with these materials and don't comply with this rule, you'll face serious penalties.
Read on to discover the three OHS Act regulations that contain this particular ... ››› more
- [11 November 2014]