- Use this checklist to choose the best employee to do health and safety induction training
- When new employees join your company, they need health and safety induction training. That means you have to choose someone to be their training facilitator who has all the right health and safety knowledge and training experience.
This can be a tough decision. After all, choosing the wrong person will affect the quality of your employees' training and your company's safety record.
Don't m... ››› more
- [20 February 2017]
- Eight topics you must include in your induction training for contractors
- According to the new Construction Regulations 2014, it's your duty as the client to provide induction training for any contractors on site. Here's a checklist of eight items you must include in your induction training for your contractors. According to the new Construction Regulations 2014, it's your duty as the client to provide induction training for any contractors on site. It's a vital part of... ››› more
- [18 January 2017]
- Give your new employees the best safety induction training possible with these four steps
- When you hire new employees you need to start their health and safety training immediately.
This training is important because it shows them how to work safely.
This might sound like a massive and time consuming task but, the truth is, you can do it all in one day. Give your new employees the best safety induction training possible with these four steps
Follow these four steps to give... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- Four quick tips to get your employees back into 'work safely' mode after their holiday
- Are your employees back from their holidays?
I bet they are not quite back in 'work mode' though... Day-dreaming, reminiscing about their time away with the family. And probably longing to go back on holiday.
Their minds are definitely not on work. Yet alone working SAFELY...
If your employees are distracted, they may cause accidents in your workplace costing you valuable time and money!
... ››› more
- [18 January 2016]
- Comply with Environmental Regulations by following these two housekeeping rules
- Housekeeping is a very important area within your Health and Safety Programme. And it is your duty, as the employer, to ensure your workplace is kept clean and safe for all of your employees.
An important understanding, around housekeeping, to always keep in mind is that 'there's a place for everything and everything is in its place'.
Having said that, here are two important areas you need... ››› more
- [12 October 2015]
- Induction training: The fine line between life and death on your construction site.
- Construction sites are a place where accidents are just waiting to happen. Especially if your employees don't know the dangers around them.
Before your employees can start working, they need induction training. This ensures they're clued up about their surroundings and the hazards that may exist.
Discover today three reasons why induction training can mean the difference between life and ... ››› more
- [09 July 2015]
- 23 topics you must cover during health and safety induction training for your construction site
- Whether your construction site is big or small, you have to give every new employee health and safety induction training.
This training needs to cover the basics of your health and safety rules and procedures.
But this doesn't mean you can just cover the main points and send your new employees out to work. There are actually 23 topics you need to cover in your health and safety induction t... ››› more
- [02 February 2015]
- Give your employees this guide during health and safety induction training to help them recognise risks
- One of the aims of health and safety induction training is to teach new employees to recognise risks. This is vital because it helps employees avoid accidents in the future.
But how can you give your employees this training in such a short time? After all, your health and safety induction training can't take weeks.
Simply give your employees this simple guide. It will help them... ››› more
- [30 January 2015]
- To keep new employees safe at work, your health and safety induction training must achieve these six aims
- Knowledge is the best tool in preventing workplace accidents. That's why you must give new employees health and safety induction training to keep them safe at work.
To make sure your health and safety induction training gives your employees this knowledge, it must achieve these six aims...
Your safety induction training must achieve these six aims
1. It must give your empl... ››› more
- [29 January 2015]
- Five steps to manage your contractors' health and safety induction training so you don't have to retrain them every time they come on site
- If you use contractors, you have to give them health and safety induction training. This training must be the same as if you were training permanent employees.
The problem is, if you get your contractors through a labour broker, you might get different workers every day.
If you don't manage who you've trained and who you haven't, you'll need to train all of them every time they come on site.... ››› more
- [28 January 2015]