- What PPE must I use? Find out here with these three common workplace hazards
- You have a legal duty to uphold your employees' health and safety in the workplace. And part of that duty is to provide them with personal protective equipment (PPE).
And you must also ensure the PPE you provide actually suits the hazard it's being used for.
So to help give you get an idea of what PPE to provide, here's a list of three very common workplace hazards in a standard workplace..... ››› more
- [05 May 2016]
- Use these seven steps to effectively oversee your PPE in the workplace
- It's your legal obligation to uphold the health and safety of all staff in your workplace. And one of the ways to do this is to issue Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to them.
Failure to do this could see you facing massive fines and penalties, and even shut down!
For example, an inspector from the Department of Labour could give you a prohibition notice forcing you stop work until you co... ››› more
- [18 April 2016]
- 5 Steps to effectively monitor PPE usage in your workplace
- It's your responsibility to minimise health-and-safety risks in the workplace as much as is reasonably possible. And one of the ways you can do that is to provide personal protective equipment (PPE) wherever necessary.
This seems straightforward enough. But it doesn't stop there because you have a responsibility to monitor its usage.
So once you've identified any hazards in the workplace, ... ››› more
- [22 March 2016]
- Ensure your workers wear their PPE with these 4 tactics
- In reality, it's pretty much impossible to literally remove every single health hazard in your workplace. But that doesn't mean you should just leave it.
You are required to make a real effort to minimise them, in looking out for the health and safety of all your employees.
And one of the things you can do to minimise hazards in the workplace is to provide your employees with Personal Protec... ››› more
- [10 March 2016]