- Answers to four of the most frequently asked risk assessment questions
- Have questions about risk assessments? If so, continue reading to discover some of the answers to your questions.
Four answers to your risk assessment questions
Question #1: What's risk assessment matrix?
Answer: Experts at the Health & Safety Advisor say that a risk assessment is the process of estimating and communicating workplace safety risk and deciding whether this risk is a... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
- Four types of OHSA's health and safety risk assessment you need to know about
- Having a HIRA (hazard identification and risk assessment) process at your company is one of the most important tools at your disposal to ensure your company's compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).Here are the four types of risk assessments you must do...
Most incidents in the workplace happen because of insufficient management controls. One way of ensuring your compa... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- Toolbox talks: What your employees need to know about risk assessments
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires you to identify all hazards and risks in your workplace. You must, thereafter, analyse the risks and implement control measures to reduce or remove the risks associated with your company's activities. Use this toolbox talk to train your employees on the importance of doing daily risk assessments in their work area...
The words 'risk assessm... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- One deadly workplace hazard you've probably overlooked
- We all know how important risk assessments are. They help you to identify hazards in your workplace. Not to mention, it's a legal requirement!
But that's easy enough to understand. The real question is where to look for these hazards. After all, you can't identify any hazards if you don't know where to look.
An obvious place to start would be structural hazards and material hazards. But th... ››› more
- [05 May 2016]
- 2 steps you need to follow when dealing with potentially hazardous chemical substances in the workplace
- If your company works with potentially hazardous chemical substances, then you have to be extremely careful! Because one little error can lead to:
· your employees falling gravely ill or becoming badly injured; or
· your equipment becoming written off.
So in order to help you deal with potentially hazardous chemical substances in the workplace, here are 2 vital steps you ... ››› more
- [28 April 2016]
- There are 4 risk assessment types. Choose the correct one here
- By conducting risk assessments in the workplace, you'll reduce incidents, overall costs to your company and increase productivity.
It's also a moral obligation that's supported by law.
In other words, there really is no avoiding them. So pay attention...
There are 4 types of risk assessments which must be conducted depending on the context. So make sure that the one you use suits the circ... ››› more
- [21 March 2016]
- Health and Safety affects overall production! So ALWAYS follow this simple tip.
- According to Mining Weekly, 'Gold mining company AngloGold Ashanti beat cost and overall production guidance in the three months to September 30, but fatalities and safety stoppages lowered South African output.'
According to AngloGold CEO, Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan, the multi-national company had a very bad quarter, in terms of safety, in South Africa - many of which were caused by ground fal... ››› more
- [17 November 2015]
- Murray and Roberts may be held criminally liable for Jo'burg bridge collapse! Prevent this from happening to you with these 7 steps
- According to The Citizen, construction company Murray and Roberts, and three other companies, could be facing criminal charges next year due to possible negligence around the recent bridge collapse in Johannesburg which killed two and injured several others.
Not only has Murray and Roberts's shares taken a heavy knock, but even more repercussions will follow if it's found to have been negligent... ››› more
- [03 November 2015]
- Five hazards to look into when carrying out your risk assessments
- Carrying out risk assessments are important parts of health and safety in the workplace. By carrying out a risk assessment, you can identify any hazards in the workplace that could lead to a workplace incident.
So look at these five common hazards in the workplace and ensure that your workplace is hazard-free:
1. Structural hazards:
These include the physical structure in which the... ››› more
- [06 September 2015]
- When last did you review your fire risk assessment? The recent fire at a Creche in Soweto should be your wake up call
- After hearing about the Crèche that burnt down in Soweto this week, killing two toddlers, you should be thinking about the fire risks in your business.
And check if you're taking reasonable steps to prevent harm to your employees and your building.
You're probably taking steps to protect your employees, but your fire risk assessment will tell you if you're covering all you need to.
Read... ››› more
- [26 June 2015]