- Four types of OHSA's health and safety risk assessment you need to know about
- Having a HIRA (hazard identification and risk assessment) process at your company is one of the most important tools at your disposal to ensure your company's compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).Here are the four types of risk assessments you must do...
Most incidents in the workplace happen because of insufficient management controls. One way of ensuring your compa... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- 19 Checklists you need to do your risk assessment
- The best way to ensure you identify hazards and assess safety risks is to do a complete and proper risk assessment of your workplace.
Doing this is also one of the most important safety tools at your disposal to prove your compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act.
Read on for 19 checklists you can use to make sure you don't leave anything out when doing your risk assessm... ››› more
- [08 May 2015]
- Checklists your SME will need to do its first risk assessment successfully
- The best way of ensuring your SME identifies hazards and assesses safety risks is to do a complete and proper risk assessment of your workplace.
Performing a risk assessment is also one of the most important safety tools at your disposal to prove your compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act.
During a risk assessment, you need to evaluate all the hazards and risks to you... ››› more
- [04 May 2015]
- Five reasons why you need to include ventilation as part of your safety risk assessment!
- Do you ever hear your employees sneezing and coughing non-stop in the office?
Well, you'd better start noticing before it's too late!
You see, poor ventilation is an invisible health hazard. It puts the health and safety of your employees at risk. And the financial consequences could shut your business down!
Here are five reasons why you need to include a ventilation system in your risk ... ››› more
- [24 April 2015]
- A mouse pad could cost you thousands if you don't apply these three ergonomic principles in your office
- A simple thing like a mouse pad could cause a serious injury to your employees. Sounds silly, right?
But, if your employees' wrists don't get proper support when they're using a mouse, they could develop health problems associated with MSD(Musculoskeletal Disorders)!
Managing the ergonomics in your office needs to be a top priority. Because the last thing you need is to lose production due ... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- Six simple steps you need to take for a safer office environment
- Most people know about the huge amount of health and safety risks in a factory.
What's not so obvious is the safety risks your office employees face! Who would've thought employees who sit all day in an air-conditioned office would be at risk of injury?
But they are! There area surprising number of hazards in an office.
And I'm going to give you eight simple steps you can take to reduce t... ››› more
- [09 April 2015]
- Overwhelmed with how to manage your health and safety system? Here's how to manage it in bite-sized chunks!
- By now, I'm sure you've implemented your health and safety management system. Allocated responsibilities, and set safety objectives.
Keeping your health and safety management system relevant and effective is a continual, time-consuming and daunting process.
So how do you go about maintaining the heath and safety system you've put in place?
The answer: Break down the different sections o... ››› more
- [24 March 2015]
- I bet you don't know the difference between these three risk assessment essentials
- Do you know the difference between these three simple, but essential risk assessment terms: A danger, a hazard and a risk? These three definitions are vital to the success of any risk assessment. Dear Reader
Do you know the difference between these three simple, but essential risk assessment terms: A danger, a hazard and a risk?
I know it sounds silly, but I recently attended a seminar on Ri... ››› more
- [06 March 2014]
- 10 health and safety steps the Tongaat Mall crew should have followed to avoid tragedy
- Cutting corners with your business's health and safety will only expose you to risk. Take the collapse of the Tongaat Mall on 19 November 2013, for example. It's emerged that the mall's collapse - which killed two and injured almost 30 others - is the result of negligent health and safety practices. And you should learn from this...
What you can learn from Tongaat Mall tragedy
A commission ... ››› more
- [04 March 2014]
- Construction Regulations 2014: Here's what you need to know about risk assessment for construction work
- One of the key changes in Construction Regulations 2014 relates to risk assessments. Here's what you need to know so you can comply. The new Construction Regulations have this to say about risk assessments for construction work
In this article, we told you that 'one way of ensuring your company identifies any hazards and assesses risks to your employees' health and safety is to do a complete an... ››› more
- [03 March 2014]