- Your Health and Safety Officer has seven essential responsibilities: Are you familiar with them?
- Your Health and Safety Officer has a rather large area of responsibilities on his daily list.
He needs to protect employees' health and safety by making sure risks in the workplace are properly controlled and to ensure that your business is complying with all aspects of health and safety.
Here's what you need to know about your Health and Safety Officer's responsibilities...
... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- OHSAS 18001: The best tool to help your business meet international health and safety standards
- The DoL sends out inspectors to assess workplaces to ensure companies comply with health and safety standards.
That's why it's so important for you to ensure your business meets international health and safety standards. If you don't, the DoL will find out and charge you penalties and could even shut your business down.
You can't afford to let this happen.
Thankfully, there's a tool to en... ››› more
- [05 November 2014]
- Did you know: Ignoring health and safety standards will harm your business in these three ways?
- You must provide a safe work environment for your employees. This is a requirement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
But, how do you do this?
You must stick to health and safety standards outlined in Act to keep your employees safe.
If you fail to do this, your business will suffer in the following three ways...
Do you want to be fined, jailed or hav... ››› more
- [22 May 2014]
- Have you applied these safety standards to your machinery? If not, use this checklist...
- The Department of Labour can visit your workplace at any time to inspect the safety of your machines. If they find you don't have sufficient machine guarding, you could face prosecution. Don't take that risk! Use this handy checklist to make sure your machinery meets the required standard.
You must apply certain safety standards to ensure your machinery is safe to use.
To make this easy for... ››› more
- [15 January 2014]
- General Machinery Regulations: Make sure you apply these eight safety standards
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires you to ensure your machinery is safe and without risk to your employees. How do you do this? Follow these eight safety standards...
You must apply the following eight standards if your employees use plant or machinery.
Revealed: Eight standards you must apply if your employees work with machinery
Standard #1: You must appoint a comp... ››› more
- [02 December 2013]
- Four health and safety induction duties your new recruits must know
- Picture this... It's Joe's first day on the job. He doesn't know what your safety signs mean and walks into your blasting area with no hard hat on.... Keep reading for four of the duties you must train your Joe and all your new employees on. Dear Reader
Picture this… It's Joe's first day on the job. He doesn't know what your safety signs mean and walks into your blasting area with no hard hat... ››› more
- [08 October 2013]
- Want to provide a canteen for your workers? Use these 12 steps to implement a canteen that complies with safety standards
- Providing healthy food, clean facilities and nutritionally designed meals is as important to your employees as protecting them from chemicals and noise. A canteen in poor condition can affect the quality of your workers' meals and indirectly affect productivity and employee motivation. That's why proper planning is vital when implementing a canteen for your workers. Follow these 12 steps to ensure... ››› more
- [15 July 2013]