- RECAP: 4 Donations that are completely tax-exempt?
- As the general rule goes, you're liable for donations tax at a rate of 20% per donation.
As an individual (natural person) however, you can donate the first R100 000, tax-free, per year of assessment, while a company is allowed R10 000 per year of assessment, after which a 20% tax rate is applicable.
But did you know that certain donations are completely tax-exempt?
That's right! Here ... ››› more
- [22 April 2016]
- Did you know that these 10 donations are tax exempt? Read on and save yourself some money
- A donation is when:
· You give something away for free;
· You get rid of something for a value less than its worth; or
· Your company disposes of property, at the request of any person, and that disposal would have been a donation if that person had made it.
Now, donations tax it tax SARS will impose on you if you dispose of your property.
'Property' can refer to... ››› more
- [11 December 2015]