- Do you know exactly how to apply for PAYE, SDL or UIF? Find out here
- If one of your employees is liable for normal tax and there are reasonable grounds for believing that the total leviable amount paid or payable by you to all your employees during the 12 month period will be over R500 000, then you'll have to register for Employees' Tax (PAYE), the Skills Development Levy (SDL) and the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).
Because of the newly-implemented single r... ››› more
- [22 September 2015]
- Registering and deregistering for Provisional Tax: Two processes you must follow
- When it comes to paying provisional tax, not everyone has to do it. But if you do, you need to register with the taxman to do this. If, however, provisional tax no longer applies to you, you must deregister with SARS so it doesn't come after you for late payment.
Today, we explain the process for doing both.
First, let's look at the process of provisional tax registration
SARS has made ... ››› more
- [16 March 2015]
- Use these four documents to get your company's income tax registration right the first time
- Section 22 of the Tax Administration Act states that any person who's liable for income tax must register as a taxpayer within 21 days of becoming one.
This also applies to companies. If you miss this deadline, you could face a non-compliance penalty.
Now, most new companies automatically get a tax number when they register with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC). So ... ››› more
- [21 November 2014]
- How to register with SARS as a taxpayer
- Fact: The tax season for individual taxpayers is around the corner. And if you must submit tax returns for the first time, you must register with SARS. Here are two easy steps to follow.
Be invisible to SARS
6 reasons SARS will audit you...
Here's how to avoid attention
Follow these steps to register as a taxpayer
SARS outlines the step... ››› more
- [14 April 2014]