- If your employees work outdoors, make sure they know these lightning safety dos and don'ts
- South Africa's premier ready-to-use training modules on the five MOST essential health and safety topics you MUST train your employees on...
Quick: Before disaster strikes, call your employees in for a toolbox talk to discuss these lightning safety precautions
Four points to discuss during your toolbox talk...
'Six construction workers killed by lightning!'
It sou... ››› more
- [19 June 2017]
- Here's why you need to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires you to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace. But what are toolbox talks? And what are the benefits of conducting them besides complying with the OHSA? Read on to find out why you need them...
'A toolbox talk is a short safety talk [that's] delivered at the workplace and on a specific subject matter. The objective is to raise awareness of... ››› more
- [16 January 2017]
- Do you understand just how important conducting toolbox talks in your business actually is?
- Many employers think toolbox talks are insignificant because they're short discussions that usually last for about 15 minutes. This couldn't be further from the truth. Find out about the importance of conducting toolbox talks in your workplace.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires you to conduct toolbox talks in your workplace
Section 8 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act s... ››› more
- [08 December 2016]
- Prevent fires in the workplace with this nifty toolbox talk
- One night, Jeffry decided to park the forklift next one of the main offices. Later, an electrical fire started in the office. It burnt down the door and spread towards the forklift. It then exploded because of the heat applied to its gas container. The results were absolutely devastating.
All it takes is one spark to create an unimaginable amount of damage to your business, which could cost... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
- Revealed: What to cover when conducting a toolbox talk on driver safety
- Did you know that South Africa's road accident death rate is among the highest in the world?This is just one of the reasons why you need to conduct a toolbox talk on driver safety. Read on to find out what to tell employees when doing a toolbox talk on driver safety so your employees know how to be safe drivers.
Tell your employees the following when doing a toolbox talk on driver safety
Yo... ››› more
- [29 November 2016]
- The one toolbox talk you're going to need to get you through 'party' season
- It seems early, but we are headed into THAT time of year...
It's frightening! I walked into Checkers the other day and they are already putting up the tinsel.
Calendars are starting to fill up with 'end-of-year' parties. And our weekends are in full party-mode.
While it's great your employees are enjoying the festivities, their over-indulgence has a big impact on YOUR business. Here's ... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- Toolbox talks: What your employees need to know about risk assessments
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires you to identify all hazards and risks in your workplace. You must, thereafter, analyse the risks and implement control measures to reduce or remove the risks associated with your company's activities. Use this toolbox talk to train your employees on the importance of doing daily risk assessments in their work area...
The words 'risk assessm... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- Revealed: The ONE reason Toolbox Talks are vital on any site
- Most employers in the construction industry brush Toolbox Talks aside...
'They are insignificant!' said one site owner.
'I don't have time to chit-chat...' said another supervisor.
'No-one listens anyway so what's the point?' said another.
And, after all there's not much too them, right?
They are short informal chats that only take 10 minutes. So how serious can they really be? Just... ››› more
- [29 August 2016]
- 3 Tips on how to prevent workplace accidents
- It's true! Workplace accidents can never really be prevented indefinitely. They are, in a way, an eventuality.
But that's not to say that you shouldn't be taking steps to prevent them occurring in your workplace!
You have a duty to your employees! And that duty is to look out for their health and safety.
So in doing just that, take a look at these 3 tips on how you can prevent accident... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- 7 Rules to choose the right toolbox talk topic everytime
- Are you wasting valuable time figuring out which toolbox talks to train your employees on?
There's an easier way to choose your health and safety toolbox topics.
Here's 7 rules you can use to save your time and choose the right toolbox talk. ***************
Are you 100% sure you're training your employees on the right health and safety topics?
There are so many toolbox talks ... ››› more
- [25 January 2016]