- Know this common way that incidents lead to accidents and take action!
- Workplace incidents usually consist of no real harm or loss, but a workplace accident does!
An accident in the workplace in the workplace can happen at any moment. They can create a lot of stress for you because thousands, even millions in Compensation claims may need to be paid out.
Also, investigations by the Department of Labour around the accident may even lead to your company shutting ... ››› more
- [13 February 2017]
- 3 Tips on how to prevent workplace accidents
- It's true! Workplace accidents can never really be prevented indefinitely. They are, in a way, an eventuality.
But that's not to say that you shouldn't be taking steps to prevent them occurring in your workplace!
You have a duty to your employees! And that duty is to look out for their health and safety.
So in doing just that, take a look at these 3 tips on how you can prevent accident... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- Do you know how to prevent these 2 common causes of workplace accidents? Find out here
- In order to prevent workplace accidents from occurring, you need to first understand what causes them.
Once you've done that, you then need to know what measures you can take to prevent them, before finally implementing them.
This may seem simple enough, but if I were present to you with 2 common causes of workplace accidents, namely working at unsafe speeds and not using personal protective... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- Poor ventilation causes workplace accidents! Use these 4 steps to prevent it from ever happening
- Your employees' health and safety is of paramount importance in the workplace.
Not looking out for it could lead to some very serious accidents. And that's something you definitely don't want!
Now, while you can't prevent all accidents in the workplace, such as freak accidents, many of them can be prevented! This is because they have causes which can be directly traced back to your workpla... ››› more
- [19 April 2016]
- Murray and Roberts may be held criminally liable for Jo'burg bridge collapse! Prevent this from happening to you with these 7 steps
- According to The Citizen, construction company Murray and Roberts, and three other companies, could be facing criminal charges next year due to possible negligence around the recent bridge collapse in Johannesburg which killed two and injured several others.
Not only has Murray and Roberts's shares taken a heavy knock, but even more repercussions will follow if it's found to have been negligent... ››› more
- [03 November 2015]
- Bad attitudes cause accidents in the workplace! Here's why...
- So, a new supervisor has been appointed to oversee your workers. But as time goes by, it comes to light that his way of 'supervising' is to shout at your employees. He creates an atmosphere of fear and gives the impression that he doesn't want to talk or listen to any of the employees.
Within three days, the first workplace accident occurs!
Find out why:
Negative attitudes and discomfort... ››› more
- [06 September 2015]
- Here are sixteen accidents in the workplace. Learn how to prevent them!
- Accidents can be very damaging to your company, as well as its reputation. And so the best thing you can do is try to prevent them from happening. Here are sixteen classic examples of accidents in the workplace. Make sure you learn from them!
1. Working at unsafe speeds
If you do not consider the age, physical ability and experience of the employee, you may require him to work faster tha... ››› more
- [12 August 2015]
- 24 losses you can experience if you don't prevent workplace accidents!
- An incident is an event that excludes any loss or harm. But an accident does! Here are 24 losses you can incur if you don't prevent accidents... So be aware!
1. Medical and rehabilitation
If you have too many accidents, your COID tariff can be increased and the Compensation Commissioner may not pay. This means that you will be liable to pay for medical costs out of your own pocket!
... ››› more
- [11 August 2015]
- The hidden safety danger that lies behind your workers' attitudes!
- Today we want to talk about a hidden danger that everybody in the workplace actually ignores. You'd think that such a small detail can do no harm. But the truth is exactly the opposite... It does!
Read on to discover the thing you never thought could affect your team and endanger their lives!
Their attitude towards safety is a potentially harmful factor!
Perhaps you didn't think of it, but ... ››› more
- [26 March 2015]
- Sick leave for occupational injuries or diseases. Must you pay your employee a salary or not?
- Sick leave can get complicated. Espeically in the case where your employee is injured or becomes ill at work.
Does standard paid sick leave apply when this happens?
Today, we explain what the law says about cases like this and show you how to apply it.
Does your employee get paid sick leave if he's been in a workplace accident?
You should know that you can't use your employee's paid sic... ››› more
- [12 March 2015]