If you don't, it's an offence under the Employment Equity Act. And the Department of Labour will fine you up to R2.7 million or 10% of your turnover for every instance of non-compliance (Schedule 1 of the EE Act)!
But these are just three of the offences you could be committing. There are six more that you need to know about.
Read on to find out about the other six EE offences you could be committing, that will put you in the DoL's firing line.
And how to avoid them…
******** Book your seat now ********
Bookings for the EE Summit 2016 are now open
Book your seat now
for the EE Summit 2016
. Discover how to develop, implement and monitor Employment Equity in your company.
Six more EE offences the DoL will fine you for
Here are the other offences you need to know about:
Not having an EE Plan;
Not having a consultative forum or not consulting appropriately in term of the requirements of the Act;
Not conducting a workplace analysis;
Not identifying and implementing Affirmative Action measures;
Not setting realistic EE targets and goals;
Not submitting an EE report; and
If you're committing any of these offences, the DoL could take you to court like these other companies
Keep reading below to find out how to avoid these fines…
******** Fast selling seminar! ********
Do you know what to do if the DoL visits your company for an EE audit?
After attending the EE Summit 2016
, you won't need to panic!
The EE Summit 2016
is an event for all HR Professionals who are serious about EE compliance. At the event, you'll get information on:
· 1 Exclusive interview with the DoL's Labour Chief Director, to get the inside scoop on how to avoid penalties for non-compliance.
· 9 Case studies of challenges other companies have come across and how to overcome them;
· 3 Workshops to give you step-by-step advice to help you with your EE reporting, planning, auditing and compliance;
· 3 Discussion groups where delegates get to tackle real-life scenarios and come up with practical solutions you can implement in your own company;
· 1 Panel discussion on how to address the difficult equal work for equal pay clause; and
Book your seat now
and face your next DoL EE audit with confidence.
One sure-fire way to avoid crippling EE fines
So how do you make sure you're not in the DoL's firing line?
It's quite simple actually. All you need to do is come and listen to the interview with the Department of Labour at the EE Summit 2016.
We've got Thembinkosi Mkalipi, the DoL Chief Director of Labour Relations (the man responsible for taking all those EE offenders to court) talking about:
The different penalties the DoL has and can issue;
· What the DoL inspector will look for when he visits your premises;
· How to avoid penalties for non-compliance; and
· An overview of companies that have been fined.
Plus we have 19 speakers sharing nine case studies, three practical workshops and two discussion groups to make sure you comply with every aspect of EE. So book your seat at the EE Summit 2016
now. It's a vital investment to avoid paying R2.7million in fines to the DoL.
If you book and pay for your seat by 6 June, you'll save up to R3 000 on the cost of your ticket. So book your seat now.