- Four key health and safety training aspects you must manage and control
- Take the lead and manage all your health and safety training needs today...
This simple training programme can save you lots of time, effort and money
Aren't you tired of having to arrange and prepare the sessions, especially since you don't always have a ready-to-use format?
Over 200 people are killed each year in accidents at work and over one million people are injured.
... ››› more
- [31 July 2017]
- Did your company spend more than triple what you budgeted for PPE last year? Here's how an asset management policy will stop this from happening again
- The one health and safety tip that could save your company thousands this year
Draw up an asset management policy to control your company's PPE by including these seven rules
How to manage your company PPE
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is expensive.
For a hard hat, you're looking at spending about R500 for one. Then you have to multi... ››› more
- [17 July 2017]
- If your employees work outdoors, make sure they know these lightning safety dos and don'ts
- South Africa's premier ready-to-use training modules on the five MOST essential health and safety topics you MUST train your employees on...
Quick: Before disaster strikes, call your employees in for a toolbox talk to discuss these lightning safety precautions
Four points to discuss during your toolbox talk...
'Six construction workers killed by lightning!'
It sou... ››› more
- [19 June 2017]
- No more hiding! Encourage your employees to report incidents with these seven tips
- When it comes to 'promoting a culture of health and safety' in the workplace, one of the most important aspects is to encourage employees to report incidents in the workplace.
Doing so will ensure that hazards and risks in the workplace are dealt with before they can affect someone else, which could put your business in a risky legal position.
To promote a culture of reporting incidents in ... ››› more
- [14 June 2017]
- I bet you don't know the difference between these three risk assessment essentials!
- Here's how you can be 100% sure your risk assessments are legally compliant...
Remember, you must do a risk assessment to be compliant with the OHS Act!
Do you know the difference between these three simple, but essential risk assessment terms: A danger, a hazard and a risk?
I know it sounds silly, but I recently attended a seminar on Risk Assessments and you wouldn't... ››› more
- [24 May 2017]
- Your Health and Safety Representative has resigned. Include these seven elements in his hand-over plan
- When your Health and Safety Representative suddenly resigns, you need to have a clear and detailed hand-over plan in place.
That way, your next elected Safety Representative knows exactly what's required of him. And the transition won't hurt your productivity.
Read on for seven essential elements to include in his Safety Rep hand-over plan...
Fulfilling ... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Use these seven tips to improve ventilation in your workplace - or face penalties
- If your employees are experiencing headaches, dizziness, sinus congestion, itchy or watery eyes, scratchy throats and an inability to concentrate at work, poor ventilation is probably to blame.
And if you don't improve the ventilation in your workplace, you'll risk your business facing hefty penalties or even getting shut down! It will also contribute to unproductivity and increased sick leave ... ››› more
- [11 April 2017]
- Does your Health and Safety Representative perform these five key tasks?
- As an employer you know it's key to improve the health and safety of your workplace. But important tasks can be overlooked or forgotten, and this is why you need a health and safety representative.
Here are five tasks a health and safety representative (HSE rep) should do to keep your workplace safe! **************
The only DoL recognised guide to select your Health and Safety Representative
... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- Three things your employees must never do with their safety gloves
- Your employees' personal protective equipment (PPE) is vital to keep them safe. Without it, they're vulnerable to serious injuries.
The most common of which are hand injuries. This is because your employees constantly work with the hands and, when they use tools and machinery, it puts them in danger.
That's why you give them safety gloves as part of their PPE.
But to ensure their safety ... ››› more
- [07 April 2017]
- Caution: Construction and manufacturing companies! You'll fail your health and safety audit if your employees answer no to these 8 questions
- As you know, there are a whole host of questions you and your employees must answer to see if you're complying with the OHS Act.
If you don't know the right questions to be asking your employees, you can't measure your compliance and you'll fail your audit. Now, this sounds all very well and legit.
I love the legalese we use. 'Measure your compliance'… 'fail your audit'. We hear terms like... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- Three reasons why it's so important to do a sanitation risk assessment
- If your employees work in filthy conditions, they're going to pick up all kinds of diseases. They could get stomach viruses, breathing problems, intestinal infections. All of these come from the kind of bacteria that live and breed in damp, dirty, unhygienic places.
When your employees get sick, it means lost productivity. You must also deal with COID if your employee is incapacitated for more ... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- If you don't listen to your health and safety representative, your risk assessment is doomed to fail
- As the boss, you know what's best for your company. No one else can make the important decisions about money, products and investment.
But when it comes to health and safety, you might need some help. The fact that you sit in your office and don't see what your employees do means you don't know what'll protect them best.
This is why you need to involve your health and safety representative.... ››› more
- [09 March 2017]