Health and Safety Training
- The one toolbox talk you're going to need to get you through 'party' season
- It seems early, but we are headed into THAT time of year...
It's frightening! I walked into Checkers the other day and they are already putting up the tinsel.
Calendars are starting to fill up with 'end-of-year' parties. And our weekends are in full party-mode.
While it's great your employees are enjoying the festivities, their over-indulgence has a big impact on YOUR business. Here's ... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- Give your new employees the best safety induction training possible with these four steps
- When you hire new employees you need to start their health and safety training immediately.
This training is important because it shows them how to work safely.
This might sound like a massive and time consuming task but, the truth is, you can do it all in one day. Give your new employees the best safety induction training possible with these four steps
Follow these four steps to give... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- Revealed: The ONE reason Toolbox Talks are vital on any site
- Most employers in the construction industry brush Toolbox Talks aside...
'They are insignificant!' said one site owner.
'I don't have time to chit-chat...' said another supervisor.
'No-one listens anyway so what's the point?' said another.
And, after all there's not much too them, right?
They are short informal chats that only take 10 minutes. So how serious can they really be? Just... ››› more
- [29 August 2016]
- 'We outsource our health and safety, so I don't have to worry about it.' - WRONG!
- As you may know, I'm coordinating a seminar on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment. So when I was telling Marc a business owner, about this event, he said he doesn't worry about conducting risk assessments in his company. The reason - he says 'We outsource our health and safety, so I don't have to worry about it.'
Unfortunately, he couldn't be more wrong!
The OHS Act says the employer ... ››› more
- [26 April 2016]
- Revealed: How a vehicle management program can save your company money!
- I'm sure you use vehicles in your day-to-day running of your business. And without even realising it, I bet you don't know is that using a vehicle management program can actually save you money. Let's take a look... Dear Reader
I'm sure you use vehicles in your day-to-day running of your business. And without even realising it, I bet you have some form of a vehicle management program you use to... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Another horrific truck accident on our roads... Don't let it be one of your trucks or drivers!
- Does your blood run cold when you hear of another truck accident on our roads?
Is the first thought to cross your mind...'please let it not be one of mine?'
Because you know if it is, you're looking at your driver potentially being arrested, facing charges or not returning to work. Not to even mention the cost of the damages to your truck and insurance premium hikes.
And in a country w... ››› more
- [04 April 2016]
- Four quick tips to get your employees back into 'work safely' mode after their holiday
- Are your employees back from their holidays?
I bet they are not quite back in 'work mode' though... Day-dreaming, reminiscing about their time away with the family. And probably longing to go back on holiday.
Their minds are definitely not on work. Yet alone working SAFELY...
If your employees are distracted, they may cause accidents in your workplace costing you valuable time and money!
... ››› more
- [18 January 2016]
- Four reasons to teach all your staff CPR
- Did you know that sudden cardiac arrest is one of the leading causes of death? That's right...
Unfortunately, most people who suffer cardiac arrest outside of a hospital don't get cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from a bystander. This significantly lessens their chances of survival.
So why not teach all your staff CPR? It's easy to learn! Why all your staff members should learn how to pe... ››› more
- [31 July 2015]
- Five ways to improve work safety communication
- Face it: Everything we do is communication. So it's no wonder that poor communication causes 70% of workplace mistakes. That's a research-backed fact...
When it comes to workplace safety, communication is especially important. Workers need to understand your business's safety initiative, and how it'll affect them. This is important for improving workplace safety.
During your next toolbox tal... ››› more
- [20 July 2015]
- Induction training: The fine line between life and death on your construction site.
- Construction sites are a place where accidents are just waiting to happen. Especially if your employees don't know the dangers around them.
Before your employees can start working, they need induction training. This ensures they're clued up about their surroundings and the hazards that may exist.
Discover today three reasons why induction training can mean the difference between life and ... ››› more
- [09 July 2015]
- Health and safety training doesn't have to bore your employees to death. Here are three ways to put a spin on things.
- Health and safety training is a recurring task but that doesn't mean it has to be mundane. Incorporating fun ways to learn will ensure the information will actually stick with your employees. Read on to discover.
Get the basics of health and safety training right
Every employee endures health and safety training at least once in his or her working life. Because of this, 99% of the ... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- You asked for it and here it is. Toolbox Talk on health and safety for shift workers
- Shift workers could be your biggest health and safety risk! Shift work is demanding, and the health and safety risks are high because of the lack of concentration.
Your employees must take responsibility for their own safety while on duty.
But the overall responsibility to make sure they're safe still falls on your shoulders. And you need to give them the proper training to keep safe.
So... ››› more
- [26 June 2015]