Health and Safety Training
- Revealed: How a vehicle management program can save your company money!
- I'm sure you use vehicles in your day-to-day running of your business. And without even realising it, I bet you don't know is that using a vehicle management program can actually save you money. Let's take a look... Dear Reader
I'm sure you use vehicles in your day-to-day running of your business. And without even realising it, I bet you have some form of a vehicle management program you use to... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Another horrific truck accident on our roads... Don't let it be one of your trucks or drivers!
- Does your blood run cold when you hear of another truck accident on our roads?
Is the first thought to cross your mind...'please let it not be one of mine?'
Because you know if it is, you're looking at your driver potentially being arrested, facing charges or not returning to work. Not to even mention the cost of the damages to your truck and insurance premium hikes.
And in a country w... ››› more
- [04 April 2016]
- Four quick tips to get your employees back into 'work safely' mode after their holiday
- Are your employees back from their holidays?
I bet they are not quite back in 'work mode' though... Day-dreaming, reminiscing about their time away with the family. And probably longing to go back on holiday.
Their minds are definitely not on work. Yet alone working SAFELY...
If your employees are distracted, they may cause accidents in your workplace costing you valuable time and money!
... ››› more
- [18 January 2016]
- Four reasons to teach all your staff CPR
- Did you know that sudden cardiac arrest is one of the leading causes of death? That's right...
Unfortunately, most people who suffer cardiac arrest outside of a hospital don't get cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from a bystander. This significantly lessens their chances of survival.
So why not teach all your staff CPR? It's easy to learn! Why all your staff members should learn how to pe... ››› more
- [31 July 2015]
- Five ways to improve work safety communication
- Face it: Everything we do is communication. So it's no wonder that poor communication causes 70% of workplace mistakes. That's a research-backed fact...
When it comes to workplace safety, communication is especially important. Workers need to understand your business's safety initiative, and how it'll affect them. This is important for improving workplace safety.
During your next toolbox tal... ››› more
- [20 July 2015]
- Induction training: The fine line between life and death on your construction site.
- Construction sites are a place where accidents are just waiting to happen. Especially if your employees don't know the dangers around them.
Before your employees can start working, they need induction training. This ensures they're clued up about their surroundings and the hazards that may exist.
Discover today three reasons why induction training can mean the difference between life and ... ››› more
- [09 July 2015]
- Health and safety training doesn't have to bore your employees to death. Here are three ways to put a spin on things.
- Health and safety training is a recurring task but that doesn't mean it has to be mundane. Incorporating fun ways to learn will ensure the information will actually stick with your employees. Read on to discover.
Get the basics of health and safety training right
Every employee endures health and safety training at least once in his or her working life. Because of this, 99% of the ... ››› more
- [30 June 2015]
- You asked for it and here it is. Toolbox Talk on health and safety for shift workers
- Shift workers could be your biggest health and safety risk! Shift work is demanding, and the health and safety risks are high because of the lack of concentration.
Your employees must take responsibility for their own safety while on duty.
But the overall responsibility to make sure they're safe still falls on your shoulders. And you need to give them the proper training to keep safe.
So... ››› more
- [26 June 2015]
- Seven steps to promote safety amongst employees in your workplace
- A question that pops up alot on the Health and Safety Club is 'How can I get buy-in from my employees to work safely?'
Safe workplaces don't just happen overnight. It takes dedication from your employees to build a workplace culture that embraces safe practices.
Promoting workplace safety helps your employees keep their well-being a top priority. And I've done some research to help you prom... ››› more
- [25 June 2015]
- Don't wait until your building burns down like the Creche in Soweto. Implement these electrical safety tips today!
- The voltage of electrical current in businesses and homes has enough power to kill!
Even something as simple as changing a light bulb without unplugging the lamp can kill someone.
The deaths of two toddlers at a crèche in Soweto that burned to the ground this week was because of an electrical fault.
Save the lives of you and your employees by making sure everyone implements these electr... ››› more
- [23 June 2015]
- Use this toolbox talk on inspecting lifting equipment
- There's no exception. Your employees must inspect their lifting equipment.
You have to make sure they do this because it's a legal requirement. So use this toolbox talk to make sure your employees inspect their lifting equipment and avoid injury!
Let's look at the following example just to give you a clearer example of accidents caused by not doing inspections as you should!
Example: Rub... ››› more
- [15 June 2015]
- Toolbox talk on abusing your ears: How to prevent permanent damage
- Imagine you know for sure that one day, on a given date, you'd lose your hearing.
Would you want that?
Probably not. And that's why you shouldn't allow your employees to abuse their ears if they need to work with loud machinery.
Protect yourself and your employees! Use this toolbox talk to educate them on the risks.
*********** Best seller **********
What if I told you ther... ››› more
- [12 June 2015]