EE 'consultations' refer to discussions over Employment Equity
matters with your EE Forum.
Some of the areas to be looked into and discussed are:
The forum must look at how you carry out analyses of current employment policies and practices in order to identify any barriers which impact on employees from designated groups.
The analyses should be both numerical and qualitative.
Area#2: Barrier removal
Upon identifying any potential barriers to members from designated groups in the workplace, the Forum must look at how you remove the barriers.
Area#3: Affirmative Action Measures
The Forum must look at how you form effective Affirmative Action measures.
Measures to be discussed should include:
· The appointment of members from designated groups;
· Furthering diversity in the workplace;
· Increasing the pool of available candidates;
· Promotion of people from designated groups; etc.
Area#3: Numerical goals and targets
The EE Forum should look into and discuss how you set numerical goals and targets.
Various factors to be considered when setting these targets include:
· The degree of under-representation of employees from designated groups within your company in each occupational level;
· The demographics of the economically-active population of the province as well as the country;
· The pool of suitably qualified individuals from designated groups; etc.
*To learn all the other areas which your EE Forum should consult on, in order to be compliant, as well as to see what makes your EE forum 'viable', simply page over to Chapter E 29 in your Practical Guide to Human Resources Management
If you don't already have this invaluable resource, click here
to order yours today.