Health and Safety Training
- When and how to use safety signs? Here are your five legal obligations
- The OHSA outlines that companies must use safety signs to protect employees. Of course, it depends on the case, but keep in mind that even as a common sign such as "Wet floor" or "Pay attention to the staircase" can make a BIG difference to your employees safety!
This because safety signs indicate any potential hazard, obstacle or condition that requires special attention. They're placed in stra... ››› more
- [13 March 2015]
- Six important items you must include in your health and safety budget
- Health and safety can be expensive. With PPE, fire extinguishers and the likes, costs can wrack up pretty quickly.
To ensure you're prepared, you need a health and safety budget.
Here are some elements you have to include in yours. Six mandatory items that must appear in your health and safety budget
1. First of all, you have to budget for the maintenance of your systems you use for w... ››› more
- [13 March 2015]
- How to prevent or prepare for fires in five easy steps
- How much time do you have to put out a fire in your workplace?
And that's why you need to make sure your employees are prepared!
Here are some vital rules you have to follow when it comes preparring for fires and have implementing a secure health and safety system.
Follow these fire safety steps to protect your workplace from disaster.
1. Consult your local fire chief and ... ››› more
- [12 March 2015]
- Be a star accident preventer with these health and safety management tips
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your effectiveness when it comes to accident prevention?
If you were to give an award for this, would your company be one of the winning ones?
Just think of how often you see something that could hurt somebody and just walk by and do nothing about it. A workplace where there is bad housekeeping is a place where many accidents happen.
Are you awa... ››› more
- [11 March 2015]
- Who can issue a safe work permit? Do you know when it expires?
- In accordance with the current safety law, there are only two people that can issue safe work permits. It is important for your company's health and safety policy to know and apply this correctly.
Here's what you need to know to do that.
Safe work permits can be issued by the following people
A safe work permit can be issued by the department manager or supervisor of the listed work.
Bu... ››› more
- [11 March 2015]
- Are you concerned your health and safety committee meetings might go wrong? Here are 7 tips that will make them successful
- According to the provisions of OHSA Section 19, all employers have to ensure that their health and safety committee meets at least every three months. And these meetings have to be successful , of course, so that you won't have to recall them and get everything right the first time.
If you follow these seven tips, I can assure you your health and safety committee meetings will definitely be a ... ››› more
- [11 March 2015]
- Is your office safe for your employees? Take this short test to find out
- Look around your office, everything seems fine, right?. But not if you are an employer who knows what the Health and Safety Training Manual stands for.
Is your office safe for your employees? Or will it affect their health?
Check the following rules and see if you apply them accordingly:
- Arrange the furniture and equipment in a safe manner, for example:
– Chairs aren't not placed i... ››› more
- [10 March 2015]
- Do this and you won't make any mistakes when implementing your Health and Safety Management System!
- As an employer, you have to prevent employee injury and adverse health effects and in the long term this will save your company money.
Bear in mind that your Health and Safety Management System must be easy to implement and sustain. Here's how to ensure it is.
Note that you are legally required to manage health and safety in your company.
There are several rules you have to follow to ma... ››› more
- [09 March 2015]
- Here's how to create a working Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
- Your Safety, Health and Environmental Policyshould be brief and cover several aspects.
It should outline that the obective your company takes into consideration and that continuous improvement and training..
As such, here are some of the elements a Safety, Health and Environmental Policystatement should mention:
- a description of the organisation
- recognise the need ... ››› more
- [06 March 2015]
- Company health systems are changing drastically: Here's how you can use this information in your company
- According to the latest technological improvements in the medical field, new research seems to be a disrupting healthcare through technology.
And the changes are so big, you should keep up with this new technologies and improve your company's heathcare system over time.
Bruce president and CEO at Humana, explains that Google and Novartis already have a team to bring smart contact lenses to ... ››› more
- [05 March 2015]
- Know your company's fire evacuation process by heart! It will save lives and your business!
- Yesterday's news headlines were filled with the fire that started in the early hours of Sunday morning on the Muizenberg Mountains in the Cape.
On Monday morning, two bungalows were destroyed in an explosion caused by the fire that broke out in Muizenberg. And today, the fire still rages on - heading towards the Fish Hoek area.
Take a look at what's happening and how to prevent serious burn... ››› more
- [03 March 2015]
- Are you aware of the connection between mindfulness and health and safety in the workplace?
- It is said that by 2020, more and more companies will be taking into consideration the direct link between productivity, mindfulness and health.
New standards will be available!
Moreover, some say that the head of future HR will have to understand culture management as key, fostering inclusive behavior and mindful cooperation.
Mindfulness as training! Here's what that means
It is possi... ››› more
- [02 March 2015]