33 Tools to be an effective manager
Six Sigma, 5S, Delphi, Ishikawa, Pareto, Flowchart
All you need to know to become a leading manager!
Click here for more details...
Thoroughly study a copy of the business strategy document and ask questions so as to ensure you understand all of its aspects.
Determine what the human resource issues are in relation to achieving the business strategy.
Understand the current HR issues in the company.
For example, look into past employees' exit interviews, as well as into the nature of past employee grievances, in order to pick up any consistent and concerning problems.
Look into the following points to understand your company's culture in the workplace:
· How hierarchical or flat is the organisation;
· How much are employees involved in decision making;
· How flexible or fixed is the company in terms of hours and assignments;
· How decisions are communicated within the company;
· Compensation and benefits offered; etc.
*Page over to chapter H 01
in your Practical Guide to Human Resources Management
handbook to learn what the rest of the steps are in order to fully develop an effective HR strategy.
If you don't already have this extremely useful HR resource, simply click here.