And because of the high costs associated with absenteeism
in your company that I told you about a couple of weeks ago, it's important for you to reduce absenteeism
So, why don't you implement strategies that are attractive to employees and assist them in staying interested and committed to their work and your company?
Read on as I give you 8 strategies you can implement today to keep your employees interested in their work and reduce absenteeism
Employees always sick or taking time off work?
Don't let them abuse their leave!
Attend the Managing Absenteeism and Leave Abuse Workshop and find out everything you need to curb absenteeism…. or legally dismiss
that troublesome employee.
No more lost work days!
To take control of absenteeism
in your company, book your seat now.
8 Strategies to make your employees want to come to work
Here are top strategies you can put in place today to reduce absenteeism:
1. Pay attention to job satisfaction, making tasks as interesting as possible, and try job rotation and ad hoc project involvement where possible.
2. Some forward-thinking companies also offer financial incentives for good attendance or add it as a criterion for motivational awards such as 'employee of the month'.
3. Create work teams. This is an excellent way to ensure all employees are involved.
4. Ensure employees are able to input into decisions that affect them by creating participative work groups.
For more strategies to increase employee morale and reduce unnecessary absenteeism
, get your hands on the HR for Managers Handbook.
Read on for 4 more strategies for the HR manager…
'Absenteeism costs SA employers R16 billion annually!' Stats SA
4 More top strategies to reduce absenteeism in your company
5. Create a good leave management system that will help track absenteeism
and identify alarming trends. To find out how to spot a pattern of abuse, and what you can do about it, simply follow this link…
6. Develop a solid policy on absenteeism
that outlines how management should deal with cases of absenteeism
. To get your hands on a sample policy, go here.
7. Make your employees aware of the huge cost of absenteeism
and the impact it has on morale and fellow-workers. Find out the hidden costs of absenteeism
8. Monitor all situations of conflict carefully and where necessary deal with conflict in the workplace before it results in absenteeism
And if your methods to reduce absenteeism
haven't worked, find out when you can dismiss