- 5 Key points to ensure your performance reviews are a success
- You must conduct performance reviews to evaluate your employees' performance to make sure you're not just paying him to do nothing. And because performance reviews can take a lot of time, you need to make sure they are successful the first time.
To do that, there are five key points you must take note of to make sure your performance reviews are a success.
Keep reading below so you can ensur... ››› more
- [18 May 2015]
- Get ready for your employees' next performance review using six mandatory steps!
- You've most probably gained plenty of experience by now when it comes to management and performance reviews. The problem is that when you repeat a certain process, you might indulge in some habits that will eventually leave the reviews without any originality or effectiveness.
There are some very important measures you have to apply in case you find yourself confronting a situation similar t... ››› more
- [14 May 2015]
- You rely on your management team to help you run your business. But what do you do if they aren't pulling their weight?
- I once heard someone say: 'Surround yourself with people better than you'. And in theory, it's a great concept. If I meet my deadlines, if I run a tight ship and if I can get my employees to get the job done, then if I had someone better than me, my business would run even better than a well-oiled machine. It'd be flawless.
And like I said... In theory this would be great! But what happens when... ››› more
- [14 May 2015]
- Build leadership capabilities. Your plan for becoming a better professional
- It is said that daily habits are the invisible architecture of our life. We build it piece by piece by all our actions and if we pay attention to what happens around us, we will notice that whenever we decide to take less action on something, less things will happen in our lives.
In a world when every second counts and in business field it costs, you may wake up one day and realise that in your... ››› more
- [12 May 2015]
- Eight documents you need to have ready for your employee performance meeting
- At the beginning of a business cycle you and your employee agree on a list of goals and targets he needs to achieve. During your performance review period, you have to meet again to assess if he's met these targets.
But before you set the performance meeting, you need to make sure you have all the documents you need. This will ensure the meeting runs successfully and isn't a waste of your or y... ››› more
- [11 May 2015]
- Pros and cons of a 360 degree feedback. Should you use it?
- Each company that uses 360 degree feedback decides to implement a system which allows each individual to understand how his effectiveness as an employee, coworker, or staff member is viewed by others.
In a nutshell, the most effective 360 degree feedback processes provide feedback that is based on behaviours that other employees can see.
The feedback offers insight about the skills and behavi... ››› more
- [08 May 2015]
- Find out how to choose the right performance indicators
- In managing a company, you need to consider the right performance indicators, as they represent a key element in your company.
Many companies tend to get financial performance indicators, even though they may be communicating strategies such as maximising customer experience, or attracting and retaining the best and brightest people.
Thus, keep in mind that KPIs will to a degree be conditione... ››› more
- [07 May 2015]
- Everything you need to know about Key Performance Indicators
- When referring to Key Performance Indicators (KPI or Key Success Indicators), we understand they are factors that help an organisation define and measure progress toward organisational goals.
Here's something to keep in mind:
As someone working on ways to improve organisational performance measures, I know how important it is to look for guidance and the best of what others have done. Tho... ››› more
- [07 May 2015]
- The perfect employee self-assessment or self-appraisal: the key-elements that shouldn't be missing!
- As an employer, you probably ask for your employees' self-assessment at the beginning of every year. And, most probably, you ask your managers to make sure they gather the necessary feedback.
Most times, this becomes a procedure and the company is no longer benefiting from such self-appraisals.
Keep in mind that you're interested in the content provided in these self-assessments and that if y... ››› more
- [06 May 2015]
- Here's how to make underperforming employees reach the top of your team's results!
- What do you think is the best option for dealing with an underperforming employee or an entire team or department? And, more importantly, who's responsible for such a situation?
Should the employee/team be fired? Should the manager change its management?
Well, the truth is, in more than 95% of all cases, it's the management that needs to be changed.
Note that having a proper guidance and ... ››› more
- [04 May 2015]
- Improve your employee check-ins with these top four management tips
- The way you treat your employees reflects back on your business. Every action, despite the fact that it doesn't have visibile and immediate consequences, influences the long term relationship between internal management and external results.
When it comes to feedback, discussing matters with your employees, going over various aspects work and business related, you will need to set up some check... ››› more
- [04 May 2015]
- Keep your employees happy and motivated! Here are some tried and tested methods
- No matter what you do, if you want good results, you have to work with motivated teams and motivated employees. After all, a business is only as good as the people that work for it and that only shows the level of dedication involved in the story.
Your entrepreneurial skills can be tremendous, but you still need to make sure that when it comes to people, you pay attention to them and understand... ››› more
- [30 April 2015]