- Act early against poor performance or you could sit with a BIG problem
- Poor performance is definitely a problem you have to fix on time. It's also something you can't tolerate excuses on if you want to ensure it doesn't last long. At the end of the day, it's you and your business that suffer if you allow this type of behaviour to continue.
Since most people tend to avoid potential conflict situations, fixing poor performance can be problematic.
So what can you ... ››› more
- [29 April 2015]
- How to handle your performance counselling procedure fairly
- An error may occur in any process and sometimes experience doesn't matter. A second where you lack attention, a misunderstanding, a poor communication or just writing down the wrong number can become pieces in a puzzle that, from a certain moment, will give us headaches instead of joy.
And there are things you can do to prevent situations when you'll have to search for the missing piece in the ... ››› more
- [22 April 2015]
- 10 Steps to legally dismiss an employee on probation
- So you hired the 'perfect' candidate... Or so you thought. He just isn't pulling his weight, and now you need to take action against him. But how?
You know you can't just dismiss him - even if he is on probation! Today I want to share 10 steps you need to follow to make sure you dismiss your employee on probation fairly... Keep reading below for these steps.
Follow these 10 steps to start... ››› more
- [20 April 2015]
- How to diagnose poor performance
- Large companies hire experts to deal with performance issues. But most SMEs won't take this step and sometimes even ignore the idea that an employee performance problem might cause important and negative effects.
But before you wait for the disasterous end, it's much wiser to identify or diagnose poor performance.
Get to its roots and remove poor performance before it cripp... ››› more
- [16 April 2015]
- Spotted an issue during Jan's most recent performance review? Use counselling to get him back on track
- What do you do when you sit down to assess your sales rep, Jan's, performance, and find that, although he's meeting the goals you set him, the standard in which he's doing so is completely unsatisfactory?
How can you get him on back on track before it affects your company's bottom line?
Our HR experts suggest employee counselling.
What is employee counselling?
... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- Why experts warn against assessing your employees' KPIs during performance reviews
- You've set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) so you can monitor how well your employees are performing their roles.
And naturally, with first quarter performance reviews underway, you've dug them out of your files to determine if your employee's performance is up to scratch or if you need to begin the performance management process.
But are your employee appraisals really the best place to ... ››› more
- [09 April 2015]
- Why you should NEVER resort to 'sandwich feedback' during employee performance reviews
- We've all done it. To counter the blow of telling someone something negative, we throw in a little positivity.
But doing this during an employee's performance review is a BIG mistake.
Read on to discover why this type of 'sandwich feedback' is detrimental to your business' success...
The four dangers of sandwich feedback revealed
Sandwich feedback happens when you pla... ››› more
- [07 April 2015]
- Need to give negative feedback during your employee's performance review? Don't do THIS!
- One of the most challenging parts of a performance review is giving your employees feedback.
And when it comes to telling an employee something negative, this task becomes even harder.
After all, giving negative feedback incorrectly is more likely to produce disgruntled staff, rather than a team set on improving, reveals a recent study led by Kansas State University assistant professor of ... ››› more
- [07 April 2015]
- Create the perfect performance review policy for your business with these tips!
- Some say performance management is the weakest point when it comes to human resource management.
This is the general opinion due to the fact that most employees and managers find obstacles in implementing an efficient system.
Do you agree?
If you do, you need a performance review system that actually helps people improve their own efficiency.
And today, we're showing you how to cre... ››› more
- [07 April 2015]
- Before holding your employees' first quarterly performance reviews for 2015, read THIS!
- Employees hate having performance reviews almost as much as employees hate doing them.
Studies show both parties believe they're time-wasters and ineffective.
If you're about to rush in to Sue's quarterly performance review unprepared, best you reschedule the meeting.
Doing this could spell disaster for your company.
Not being prepared for Sue's review is th... ››› more
- [01 April 2015]
- Dealing with poor performance? Here's how the Court looks at discipline for poor performance and your responsibilities
- If you were to give a definition of poor performance, what would that be? On what basis would you form your theory and definition? And would you be 100% sure of your idea of poor performance?
The truth is that as an employer you have many responsibilities on this perspective. It's really up to you to evaluate your employee and see if the work results meet the standards.
But let us look at wh... ››› more
- [30 March 2015]
- Nip performance issues in the bud with this seven-step guide to counselling
- What do you do when all informal efforts to improve an employee's performance have failed? The best action you can take is to hold a formal counselling session.
Use these seven steps below to counsel your poor performer so he can improve and grow within your business.
Seven-step counselling process
Step #1: Keep the session professional but friendly
Always start the counselling sess... ››› more
- [12 March 2015]