Policies and Procedures
- Conducting an HR audit can help you make sure your company operates within the labour laws
- You may ask 'but how can a human resources audit ensure my company complies with the requirements of the Department of Labour?'
Well that's exactly what I'm going to show you today!
Keep reading below to see how conducting an HR audit can help you make sure your company complies with the BCEA, EEA and LRA...
Avoid penalties from the DoL by making sure HR is fully alig... ››› more
- [23 February 2015]
- IT outsourcing initiatives have a key component: Change management
- Change management is one of the top aspects to keep in mind when implementing important alterations to the general functioning of a company.
Despite thoughtful company policies, this side of change management conducts the risk of remaining uncovered.
When it comes to IT outsourcing, most companies see this as a change which comes with several benefits of which we recall smaller costs, access ... ››› more
- [18 February 2015]
- Five items to successfully increase your employees' salaries
- Most companies increase employee salaries at the beginning of the year. While others prefer to do this at the end of the financial year after finalising new budgets for the new financial year.
Whichever time of the year you choose to increase your employee salaries, you need to consider a few points. The first and most important is you need to analyse what increases your company can afford.
... ››› more
- [16 February 2015]
- Four steps to complete an HR audit that will ensure your policies and procedures comply with recent labour law changes
- Conducting an HR audit is the best way to make sure your policies, procedures and practices are in line with all the changes to current labour law. And, as a result, avoid penalties for non-compliance.
But do you even know where to start?
Don't fret. Here are the four steps you must follow to conduct an HR audit so you can guarantee your company policies and procedures are legally compliant... ››› more
- [12 February 2015]
- To get the most from your HR audit, include these 11 items in your HR audit findings form
- One of the important tasks when conducting an HR audit is to complete an HR audit findings form.
This form records everything you found during your assessment. And will help you decide what steps to take next. Without it, it will be like you didn't conduct the audit at all.
You won't achieve your objectives of making sure your policies are legally compliant. You'll still be at risk of non-com... ››› more
- [11 February 2015]
- Don't let people who don't have the expertise conduct your HR audit. Know the five people who are legally required to do it
- A HR audit is one of the most important activities in your company. After all, it helps you make sure everything in your business - from policies, procedures and practices - is in line with current labour laws.
That's why the relevant people must do it. They must have thorough knowledge of HR and current labour laws. Otherwise the audit won't help you at all and you'll be at risk of penalties. ... ››› more
- [09 February 2015]
- You've just lost another employee. Here's what you can do to avoid losing anymore
- Cindy resigned last month. She's currently serving her notice period.
She's the 8th employee to resign in the last year. You don't understand why you keep losing employees. And this is costing you time and money to find replacements.
One way to find out why you're losing staff is to conduct exit interviews. Exit interviews improve employee retention and will help you in other ways too.
To... ››› more
- [19 January 2015]
- Is your employee off work because of domestic violence? Here's how an Employee Assistance Programme can help
- Research shows that South Africa has one of the highest incidences of domestic violence in the world.
So it's possible that one day you could get a call from an employee who says she can't come to work because of a domestic violence incident.
The question then becomes: What can you do to help your employee so productivity doesn't suffer as well?
You can use an Employee Assistance Programm... ››› more
- [31 December 2014]
- You can't complain about Sandy's revealing top if you don't have this one document
- It's Friday morning. You greet an important client in the boardroom so you can start your meeting shortly.
You're just waiting for Sandy, your assistant, to come in with files.
As you take your seat, Sandy walks in and you almost fall off your chair. She's wearing a very revealing top and you think it isn't suitable for work.
You decide that, after the meeting, you'll talk to her about t... ››› more
- [05 December 2014]
- Want to effectively evaluate Khaye's performance? Use this ten-step continuous approach to performance reviews
- Experts behind the Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf Service define a performance review as the process of evaluating or measuring how well your employee is performing at work against specific measurement criteria.
One of the approaches you can use to effectively evaluate Khaye's performance is the continuous performance review cycle.
Read on to find out how this ten-step continuous approac... ››› more
- [11 November 2014]
- If you manage to do these five things when you conduct performance reviews, you'll greatly increase your employees' productivity
- A lot of managers hate conducting performance reviews especially around this time of year.
As a result, they end up not doing the review effectively. They waste their employees' time and demotivate them.
Things don't have to be this way in your company.
Instead, turn your performance review sessions into an opportunity to build relationships and motivate your employees toward achieving more... ››› more
- [11 November 2014]
- You've prepared for Thandi's end of year performance review, but have you prepared her?
- As the year draws to a close, I'm sure performance reviews are at the top of your agenda.
You've prepared for Thandi's end of year performance review by doing the following:
• You've reviewed her records;
• You've assessed her achievements;
• You're clear on what performance standards you expect;
• You've decided on motivators to improve her performance; and
• You've set the d... ››› more
- [10 November 2014]