Online registration vs manual registration
If you don't have any access to eFiling, you can still apply manually by completing an EMP101 form which is available on the SARS website.
If you have access to eFiling and have at least one tax
type registered, then you can apply for PAYE, SDL and UIF online. You will receive a registration number within minutes.
Required registration information
The following registration information will be required:
· ID number for if the individual is the employer;
· Registered Entity Number (CIPC) for if the corporation or company is the employer;
· Registered trust number for if the trust is the employer;
· Passport number as well as country of origin for foreign nationals;
· Partnership name, ID number and legal name of the main partner in case of a partnership;
· Registered name and nature of person for if the entities are not registered with a regulated body;
· Banking details; and
· The date on which oi which you became or will become liable PAYE, SDL and UIF.
When filling out the forms, keep in mind not to fill in 'N/A' in areas that are irrelevant. Instead, leave the areas blank.
So, there you have it.
Now remember these points when registering for PAYE, SDL and UIF in helping the process run a whole lot smoother.
Every South African tax law explained by our experts
The Practical Tax Loose Leaf Service offers you:
· All the definitions and legal regulations, useful advice, exceptions to the rules that help you slip through the legislative jungle of taxes.
· Case studies and practical examples that show you what elements you should consider for your taxes to be perfect.
· Red flags you need to watch out for and the penalties you'll face if you don't respect them.
· Sample templates at your disposal, ready to be filled in, customised and printed.
Click here for more details