HomeHome SearchSearch MenuMenu Our productsOur products

From the 25th of August, SARS will no longer allow you to drop off these payroll tax forms...

by , 06 August 2014
SARS is changing things up when it comes to the submission of payroll tax forms.

It says that, from the 25th of August, you'll no longer be able to complete certain payroll tax forms manually and drop them off at a SARS branch or post them.

Read on to find out what these forms are and the alternative ways you can submit these payroll tax forms.

*********** New ************

Avoid costly tax issues

Don't pay another cent on expensive tax consultant or lawyer fees


What you need to know about SARS' changes regarding the submission of payroll tax forms

On its website SARS explains that manually completed payroll tax forms dropped off at a SARS branch or posted will no longer be accepted from 25 August 2014.

The forms affected include:

  • Monthly Employer Declaration (EMP201)
  • Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501)
  • Employee Tax Certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)]
  • Tax Certificate Cancellation Declaration (EMP601)
  • Reconciliation Declaration Adjustment (EMP701).

SARS says it'll make an exception for employers with a maximum of five IRP5/IT3(a)s. In such cases, you can still go into a SARS branch where an agent will help you capture these IRP5/IT3(a)s and the EMP501.

So how should you submit your payroll tax forms now?

*********** Advertisement ************

Every South African tax law explained by our experts

The Practical Tax Loose Leaf Service offers you:

  • All the definitions and legal regulations, useful advice, exceptions to the rules that help you slip through the legislative jungle of taxes.
  • Case studies and practical examples that show you what elements you should consider for your taxes to be perfect.
  • Red flags you need to watch out for and the penalties you'll face if you don't respect them.
  • Sample templates at your disposal, ready to be filled in, customised and printed.


Click here for more details


Use these online channels to submit your payroll tax forms

You can use either SARS eFiling or e@syFile™ Employer to submit your declarations. These electronic channels are free, convenient and available 24/7. The changes allow for immediate feedback on any of your queries.

SARS says employers with less than 20 employees can submit their reconciliation submission via SARS eFiling. All you need to do is register. Once registered, log onto your eFiling profile, click 'Returns' on the menu bar and follow the four steps to reconcile and submit your reconciliation submission.

The e@syFile™ Employer is available to employers with any number of employees. There's no limit to the number of IRP5/IT3(a)s you can submit via this channel. If you want more information on the e@syFile™ Employer, log on to SARS' website.

Well there you have it. SARS is moving with the times and it'll no longer allow you to drop off the above payroll tax forms from the 25th of August. Complete everything online from now on to comply with this new rule.

Vote article

From the 25th of August, SARS will no longer allow you to drop off these payroll tax forms...
Note: 5 of 1 vote

Related articles

Related articles

Related Products