News: Employment Tax Incentive to be assessed
According to an analytical piece on All Africa, the so-called 'mini tax budget', which the Finance Minister Nene gave this month in his Medium Term Budget Policy Statement, can't be ignored from a tax perspective.
This is because a number of the Finance Minister's comments on tax policy will affect businesses in the country. Specifically the Employment Tax Incentive.
The Employment Tax Incentive Act can help you:
· Legally claim a tax incentive when you hire temporary employees
· Claim a tax incentive on learnerships
· Manage the risks and penalties involved with the Employment Tax Incentive Act
Click here to find out how
The Employment Tax Incentive Act (ETI Act) came into effect for all payroll periods as of the 1st of January 2014.
It's there to help you bear the cost of offering employment to unemployed youth in South Africa. It's also referred to as the youth wage subsidy.
But you can only benefit from the ETI Act if you have positions in place that can be taken up by individuals who meet the criteria for the ETI Act.
If you and your employees qualify, then you can reduce your monthly PAYE payments to SARS.
But due to the active debate around its impact, Nene has called for it to be thoroughly assessed, with a decision needing to be made before the end of its sunset clause, specifically 31st
A sunset clause is one which ends after a certain date, unless it's amended with an extension.
*To learn more on the Employment Tax Incentive,
subscribe to the Practical Tax Loose Leaf Service.
Every South African tax law explained by our experts
The Practical Tax Loose Leaf Service offers you:
· All the definitions and legal regulations, useful advice, exceptions to the rules that help you slip through the legislative jungle of taxes.
· Case studies and practical examples that show you what elements you should consider for your taxes to be perfect.
· Red flags you need to watch out for and the penalties you'll face if you don't respect them.
· Sample templates at your disposal, ready to be filled in, customised and printed.
Click here for more details
Note: 5 of 1 vote