HomeHome SearchSearch MenuMenu Our productsOur products

Can I make an objection to SARS regarding my Vat affairs?

by , 08 July 2014
Our experts get a lot of questions from Vat vendors.

One of the questions they received this week comes from a vendor who wants to know whether or not she can make an objection to SARS.

This Vat vendor says the reason for this question is she disagrees with an assessment SARS made regarding her Vat affairs.

If you're in the same boat, read on to discover the answer so you can enforce your rights as a Vat vendor.

*********** Best seller *************

Confidential: 13 Vat secrets SARS doesn't want us to publish

These secrets will give you insider information on how to red-flag potential Vat risk areas, before the SARS team does.

Click here to find out what they are.



You can make an objection to SARS in these instances

The Practical Vat Loose Leaf Service says you can make an objection if SARS:

  • Changes the figures, by an assessment of your Vat return;
  • Decides not to allow an extension;
  • Makes a decision you don't agree with;
  • Doesn't make a refund;
  • Doesn't waive an administrative penalty;
  • Doesn't waive a non-compliance penalty;
  • Doesn't waive an understatement penalty; and
  • Aggrieves you as a vendor by its assessment.

In a nutshell, you have a right to object if you disagree with SARS' actions.

But how do you do this?

********** Hot off the press **********

Free book: 13 Steps to a successful Vat review.

All the information you need in one little book to make sure your Vat review is successful. Get your copy now


Here's how to lodge an objection with SARS

If you disagree with SARS' actions, you must lodge your objection by filling in the formal ADR1 objection form.

You must:

  • Use the ADR 1 form;
  • Submit the form within 30 business days after the date of assessment;
  • Explain the reasons for your objection;
  • Give SARS an address where you'll be available to receive its documents;
  • Sign the form; and
  • Deliver the form to SARS or submit it via e-filing.

After this, SARS will assess your objection and notify you of its decision.

The bottom line is that you can make an objection to SARS if it wants to assess your Vat affairs or if you disagree with its findings or assessment.

Vote article

Can I make an objection to SARS regarding my Vat affairs?
Note: 5 of 1 vote

Related articles

Related articles

Related Products