You're busy and you don't always have hours to spend putting a health and safety plan together for your company. Because you know you need one, you just throw together what you can and you hope it stands if the DoL swings by.
The problem with this is if your health and safety plan is slap-dash, you won't really reap the benefits.
But when you take the time to plan, implement and check your health and safety plan properly, you can reap amazing benefits. Benefits like these...
The Health and Safety Advisor Loose Leaf Service is a genuine practical guide that offers:
-Prompt information of any law changes
-Correct interpretation of the law - solutions from specialists
-Recommendations for the correct application of the law
-Warnings about the repercussions of not complying with the law
-Warnings of possible hazards, certain pitfalls in the law
-Tips to prepare for your DoL inspections
-Samples of documents you need to prepare ...
Everything you need to ensure your health and safety information is correct and compliant! Get yours today!
The benefits of implementing your health and safety plan properly
1. Prevent and control workplace hazards and thus reduce the number of injuries at work and occupational diseases your employees are at risk from;
2. Ensure your employees are competent. If they work in a safe environment, they'll perform better. They'll also be willing to co-operate with you and go the extra mile;
3. Reduce loss of material, accidents/operational disruptions because you can identify and control risks fast;
Reduce insurance costs and losses due to absenteeism
. It'll help you cut down on high numbers of workplace accidents. This will bring down the cost of Workmen's Compensation and other insurance costs for accident claims;
5. Ensure you're legally compliant with South African legislation around safety regulations; and
6. Increase your public image as a company with a safe working environment. People will want to work for and with you.
But there's still a way to implement your health and safety plan quickly and still reap these benefits.
Do you want to be fined, jailed or have a criminal record for life?
If an accident occurs in your workplace, and the person dies, you could be charged with culpable homicide, charged penalties of R100 000 or 2 years in jail! The CEO or Owner of a company is personally accountable for health and safety at work.
Implement your health and safety plan fast and still get the benefits
If you use the four steps in this article for implementing your health and safety plan, you'll be able to do it quickly and effectively and you won't miss any of the above benefits.