Do you know the internal and external processes you must follow when conducting an incident investigation?
Whenever you place a claim for one of your employees with COID, the Compensation Commissioner examines your incident report in great detail.
He checks that every detail of the workplace accident or occupational injury has been included along with all the details of your investigations.
Miss just one point and he'll delay your claim and compensation will now be your problem!
Who are mostly affected by eye injuries in the workplace?
Hazards that could potentially lead to eye injuries are found in almost every industry.
But many injury studies suggest that workers such as grinders, sanders, plumbers and many general workers are at risk.
Manufacturing and construction industries pose the greatest risk.
What workplace dangers are associated with eye injuries?
The most common dangers associated with eye injuries include:
• Tiny flying particles;
• Swinging objects; and
• Chemicals making contact with the eye.
How can workers protect themselves?
There are six basic steps that you must ensure your workers follow so as to minimise eye injuries in the workplace:
1. They must wear their eye protection.
2. They must wear the correct eye protection for the specific task they are carrying out. In other words, the eye protection must suit the hazard.
3. It is important that they ensure their eye protection fits properly.
4. The protective equipment must allow air to circulate between the lens and their eyes.
5. Ensure that eye protection is regularly checked for any damage. If it is, get it reported and replaced it immediately.
6. Train your employees to clean their eye protection before and after use.
So there you have it! But to learn more, click below and gain access to a comprehensive and practical source on Health and Safety in the workplace…
Get your hands on the ultimate health and safety guide today and have peace of mind you're complying with health and safety laws
The Health and Safety Advisor Loose Leaf Service is a genuine practical guide that offers:
Prompt information of any law changes
Correct interpretation of the law - solutions from specialists
Recommendations for the correct application of the law
Warnings about the repercussions of not complying with the law
Warnings of possible hazards, certain pitfalls in the law
Tips to prepare for your DoL inspections
Samples of documents you need to prepare ...