- Find out how 99.8 accumulated leave days landed Huletts and Kohler Packaging at the CCMA... And how you can prevent the same fate!
- What do you do if you need to cancel an employee's leave?
Case law: Jardine vs Tongaat Huletts  7 BLLR 717 (LC)
Did you know that not forcing your employees to take their annual leave could end up costing you anything up to R15,000 per employee? The July school holidays aren't that far off. And along with the almost four weeks of schools being closed, comes the mountain of employee-leave i... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
- Is your business experiencing a mass exodus? Here's what you need to know about notice periods and leave to avoid a CCMA case
- An employee is entitled to annual leave, family leave, sick leave and maternity leave for women. But what happens to all that leave if they resign or if you dismiss them? Mistakes here could land you at the CCMA for violating the BCEA. Follow these rules to make sure you know exactly what to do when it comes to notice periods and leave.
... ››› more
- [20 January 2017]
- Revealed: The only way to ensure you have a watertight annual leave policy
- You employees need to know what's allowed and what isn't when it comes to leave. If you don't make this clear, they'll simply plead ignorance and your business will suffer irreparable damage. The damage includes lost productivity and annual leave abuse. Don't let your company suffer. Make sure you have a legally sound annual leave policy that includes the following eight points...
If you want t... ››› more
- [06 January 2017]
- Does your annual leave policy contain this ONE glaring gap?
- Most annual leave policies are largely made up of legal annual leave entitlements. But their structure of can change from business to business. Because of this, most annual leave policies neglect to include ONE very important part. Read on to make sure your annual leave policy doesn't have a big hole in it.
All your annual leave questions answered!
... ››› more
- [05 January 2017]
- Can your employee take annual leave in his notice period?
- Employers have a lot of questions regarding annual leave. One of these questions is whether or not employees are allowed to take annual leave during their notice period. Read on to find out what the law says... When it comes to annual leave, it's important that you stick to what the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) says you must do.
So what does the BCEA say about an employee taking le... ››› more
- [03 January 2017]
- Three ways to make sure you give your employees the right amount of annual leave this December!
- With December only a couple of weeks away, there's no doubt your Inbox will be flooded with your employee's leave requests.
We receive so many questions about how to work out leave at this time of year. But do you know how to handle annual leave correctly?
Read on to find out how much annual leave your employees are entitled to...
All your annual leave qu... ››› more
- [17 November 2016]
- Four types of leave you DON'T have to give to employees....
- When employees ask for leave, you must give it to them because it's your legal obligation, right?
You only have to give maternity leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave and annual leave. Read on to discover four types of leave you don't have to give to employees so you can effectively manage leave.
An ineffective leave policy could cripple your business from ri... ››› more
- [10 October 2016]
- Three answers to the most common questions about annual leave to keep you out of the CCMA!
- As a manager or business owner, I know you've been dealing with employee's leave issues for a long time. And you probably know everything there is to know about leave.
Well, if I look at the questions I get every day, it seems a lot of employers still don't deal with leave correctly. And because of this, they end up at the CCMA.
So I want you to keep reading below to see three comm... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- Managing late attendance - you have to get it right, early...
- Many businesses have to deal with workers who, for whatever reason, always seem to be running late either for work or their shifts.
It's frustrating and time-consuming to manage... And often bad for the company morale when other colleagues have to cover for the late worker or wonder why they make the effort to arrive on time.
So read on for what you need to do about an employee in this scen... ››› more
- [08 July 2016]
- Warning: Untaken annual leave is a huge hidden expense! Here's how to manage it
- Dear reader,
Do you have employees with more than 15 days' leave owing to them? Maybe some of your employees have more than 60 days' outstanding leave?
If so, you're not managing your company leave efficiently. And these excess days could be costing your company thousands.
Here's how you to manage annual leave effectively.... ********** Advert ********
All your annual leave questions ... ››› more
- [04 July 2016]