- Calculating CGT? Make sure you understand these two key concepts first
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is a tax you pay on the profits you make on the disposal (sale) of your assets. And there are two key concepts you must understand before you calculate your CGT.
You must understand two key concepts before you take charge of your business's CGT.
Let's take a closer look at each of these key concepts.
Understand these two con... ››› more
- [27 December 2016]
- Five special timing rules you should know about to avoid errors when disposing of an asset
- If you sell or dispose of any assets, you can't escape Capital Gains Tax (CGT). But disposing your asset at the wrong time is one sure way to trigger a SARS audit. The good news is, you can easily avoid this if you follow these five disposal timing rules...
Disposing an asset incorrectly is a sure way to trigger a SARS audit.
The consequences of this simple error are severe.
'SARS could... ››› more
- [27 September 2013]
- Do you know when NOT to pay Capital Gains Tax?
- Kenyan property owners are 'set for another round of pain starting in the next financial year if the taxman heeds advice from the Parliamentary Budget Office,' warns The Star in Kenya. Why? Well, the latter has recommended that the Kenya Revenue Authority considers levying tax on income gained from appreciated property values. That's normal in South Africa where Capital Gains Tax (CGT) has been ap... ››› more
- [08 April 2013]