- Six factors to consider when preparing your health and safety audit schedule
- Before you start your audit, you need to draft a schedule to plan how you're going to approach your audit. Here's our list of six factors you need to consider when preparing your audit schedule... Dear Reader
You know you need to conduct health and safety audits regularly. They help you identify the key problems in your Health and Safety System, check you're compliant and helps you prevent prob... ››› more
- [12 December 2016]
- What is a health and safety audit?
- This week I want to tell you all about health and safety audits, who needs them, why you have to have them, and a simple tool you can use to do your audit with the questions you need to ask in them.
But, it occurred to me you might not know exactly what I mean when I say 'audit'. So, let's start there ...
What is a health and safety audit?
The Health & Safety Advisor says 'a health and sa... ››› more
- [09 December 2016]
- 7 reasons why you should conduct a health and safety audit
- You have a legal obligation to protect the health and safety of your employees. The best way to do this is to conduct a health and safety audit to identify problems in your health and safety system. This way you can prevent problems before they happen!
Let me tell you more...
No more piles of paper: use the very best available programme... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
- How to make sure you don't end up with an unfair tax assessment from SARS
- Do you believe that the quickest way to get SARS off your back is to pay up on the assessment? And then heave a sigh of relief, because 'it's over'?
Pay now, argue later, right?
You don't have to pay up immediately on assessment. And you certainly don't have to accept the tax assessment SARS gives you.
Here's what you can do about it... **********
How to make yourself i... ››› more
- [29 November 2016]
- Six areas SARS will look at when they audit you
- If there's one thing I know about SARS auditors it's this: The longer they take to search your offices for what they need, the longer they'll be there. And chances are, they'll uncover more than what they were looking for (and the higher your penalties will be).
Don't take that chance.
If you don't want this to happen to you, keep reading to see the six areas a SARS auditor will review in ... ››› more
- [24 November 2016]
- Five steps to complete your VAT201 return with ease, every time
- It's almost time to file your VAT return form again. And it's important to approach your VAT return with care every time you complete it.
You see, your VAT return in a legal document and has steep consequences for mistakes or misrepresentations you make. If SARS catches you out, they'll think you're trying to evade tax, and could give you a criminal record.
But don't get bogged down with thi... ››› more
- [15 November 2016]
- Warning: Don't make THIS mistake when you do safety audits, inspections or risk assessments
- The key to any safety audit, inspection or risk assessment is to be on site and to watch your employees at work. It's the only way you'll get a clear idea of what they do on a day-to-day basis.
But it's easy to make one crucial mistake during these observations.
You may not even know you've made it but if you do, it may throw off all your findings
Here's what you need to avoid if you wan... ››› more
- [09 November 2016]
- 'What's happening with my audit?' How to make SARS stick to this 90-day rule
- Do you know what's happening with your SARS audit? If SARS has audited you before, you'll know that you send all the requested information to them and then you wait... and wait... and wait.
And if you phone to find out how much longer the audit will take, SARS will tell you 'it's under no statutory obligation to complete the audit within a certain timeframe'.
Now you can tell SARS they're wr... ››› more
- [22 September 2016]
- When doing your next HR audit, make sure your annual leave policy explains these six factors
- An HR audit, like a financial one, is something you should do at least once a year.
While this isn't common practice, auditing your entire HR system regularly is the very best way to ensure all your processes, HR policies and procedures are in line with new labour laws.
Here's what we suggest you look at when your HR audit puts the spotlight on your company's leave policy. ******** Product... ››› more
- [30 August 2016]
- Health and Safety Audits: The two things you must cover in your pre-audit meeting
- You need to carry out health and safety audits at least once every year. Not only will it help you identify any problems within your workplace's health and safety system, but according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, conducting them is a legal requirement. The most important step is your pre-audit meeting.
In this meeting, you must ensure that two important things are covered before ... ››› more
- [16 August 2016]