- Three rights you can exercise when SARS wants to audit you
- A SARS audit can be very intimidating, and you may even feel completely powerless as they go through your company.
But you should never feel that way!
Instead, you should remove that belief as soon as you have read this article. Because you have rights when SARS wants to audit you. And you should definitely exercise them.
Keep reading to find out what they are...
... ››› more
- [24 May 2016]
- The most important element of any health and safety audit
- In order to be legally compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), you need to carry out regular health and safety audits in your workplace to ensure that all health and safety systems are running smoothly.
They help you to identify any workplace hazards before they lead to an unwanted incident.
Now, when it comes to actually conducting a health and safety audit, it should ... ››› more
- [13 May 2016]
- My 7 tips to do your health and safety audit like a pro!
- You must do a legal compliance audit at least once a year. And the best news is, as long as you choose a competent person, anyone in your company can do it. Here are my top 7 tips to help your employee perform your health and safety audit like a pro... Dear Reader
To see if your health and safety system is legally compliant, you should do a compliance audit at least once a year. You need to cov... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Consider these 3 factors to conduct an effective health and safety audit
- A health and safety audit is an in-depth look at your health and safety systems. And you're required to conduct them out at least once a year to ensure you are still in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Now, when it comes to your health and safety audits, timing is crucial! In other words, you want to use time as efficiently as possible.
To do this, you should plan ou... ››› more
- [13 April 2016]
- 3 Tips to ensure your internal health and safety audit is a success
- Before you know it you'll be required to conduct yet another health and safety audit over all your health and safety systems and procedures.
Here, you'll have the choice of either an internal or an external health and safety audit. And should you opt for the internal option, you will be allowed to select a competent employee of yours to carry out the audit in the workplace.
In order to en... ››› more
- [13 April 2016]
- Make sure you levy VAT on company fringe benefits - or the SARS auditors will have a good reason to visit you!
- Did you know that fringe benefits, like the private use of a company laptop are actually taxable supplies?
Which means you HAVE to levy output tax on them! If you don't, you become an easy target for the SARS auditors. They know that very few employers are clued up about which fringe benefits are subject to VAT and which aren't.
Let's look at how to get your payroll 100% VAT compliant, so t... ››› more
- [01 April 2016]
- EE Audits: 2 Steps to conduct a quantitative analysis
- As I'm sure you're fully aware, Section 19 of the Employment Equity Act says that you, as a designated employer, must carry out audits over Employment Equity in your workplace.
This can be done in the form of analyses.
Now, there are 2 categories of EE analyses, namely quantitative and qualitative analyses
Let's take a look at quantitative EE analyses...
Re... ››› more
- [29 March 2016]
- EE Audits: Here's how to carry out a qualitative analysis
- Under Section 19 of the Employment Equity (EE) Act, all designated employers are required to carry out analyses, otherwise known as audits, on EE in their workplaces.
These analyses can be divided into two categories, namely quantitative and qualitative analyses.
Now while a quantitative analysis is fairly simple, a qualitative analysis is a little more complex.
Here's a rundown of how t... ››› more
- [23 March 2016]
- There's one simple way to make sure you're implementing all 26 EE changes...
- If you're a designated employer (this is if you have 50 employees or more, and your company's turnover exceeds Schedule 4 of the Employment Equity (EE) Act), you have to comply with the Employment Equity Act. But with the 26 recent changes to the Act, and fines sitting at R2.7 million or 10% of your turnover you need to keep up to date and compliant....
And there's one simple way to do this. Wi... ››› more
- [17 March 2016]
- 10 Steps to the perfect health and safety audit
- Did you know, you should never audit your own system for an extended period of time as you may become complacent and overlook risks? The success of your audit depends on how well you know it, and have prepared for it. Here's 10 steps you need to take to guarantee the perfect health and safety risk management audit... You know the saying, 'a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing'? In health and... ››› more
- [17 February 2016]