- Can your employee take annual leave in his notice period?
- Employers have a lot of questions regarding annual leave. One of these questions is whether or not employees are allowed to take annual leave during their notice period. Read on to find out what the law says... When it comes to annual leave, it's important that you stick to what the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) says you must do.
So what does the BCEA say about an employee taking le... ››› more
- [03 January 2017]
- Here's how the labour court deals with cases relating to untaken leave
- During this time of year, employers are confronted with leave issues.
After all, most employees take leave during the December holidays so they can spend more time with their loved ones.
One thing we've picked up from the queries our experts have been getting is that employers want to find out about how to handle untaken leave.
To bring you a clear picture, we're turning to previous case ... ››› more
- [21 November 2014]
- Do you have to pay your employees when they take annual leave?
- One of the most frequently asked questions regarding annual leave is whether or not employers must pay their employees when they take it. Read on to find out the answer....
Your employees have a 12-month annual leave cycle. It starts when they begin employment or complete their prior leave cycle.
The Ultimate Guide to Annual Leave says there are three ways to work out the amount of leave yo... ››› more
- [14 January 2014]