- The budget speech and TAX: Here's what you need to know
- Every year, the annual budget speech is a much-anticipated occasion, with everyone from your neighbour to the economist arguing and debating.
After the budget speech took place yesterday afternoon.
2016 has already seen some stir in the mere 'form' of budget speech's announcer, from the axing of
Nene, to the short-lived Van Rooyen reign, until finally the baton was passed back to Mr. Gordh... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- 'Wealth Tax' is still on the table. How could it affect you?
- In his recent budget speech, Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan confirmed that a 'wealth tax' was under consideration through the Davis Committee.
Now, this shouldn't come as a surprise, as the idea has been thrown around for several months already, with much debate to accompany it.
Now that Mr. Gordhan has reared up the issue once again, you may be wondering a few things, such as 'what is it... ››› more
- [26 February 2016]
- Here's what I think of the upcoming budget speech and what it means for you
- Dear Tax Bulletin reader,
It's that time of year again, where the hopes and dreams of the new financial year are either built up or crushed by the budget speech.
We've seen a lot of comments coming out of the industry from experts in the field, and many believe we're definitely going to see an increase in the tax rates. This is a very real probability judging by the commentary leading up t... ››› more
- [24 February 2016]
- UIF contribution threshold to be reduced to R1 000pm for 2015
- On Wednesday, 25 February, the National Treasury proposed a one-year relief measure with regards to Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) contributions in Finance Minister, Nhlanhla Nene's 2015 Budget. He proposed that the contribution threshold should be lowered to R1 000 a month for the 2015/16 year. Here's how this impacts your company's payrolll.
UIF threshhold lowered in 2015 Budget speech
... ››› more
- [26 February 2015]
- Here's how the 2015 budget speech affects you and your business
- Yesterday, Finance Minister, Nhlanhla Nene, delivered his first budget speech in Parliament.
Delivering what some experts described as 'the most important budget speech in two decades', Nene made some huge announcements when it comes to tax rates and small businesses. And it's important you know about these changes so you can prepare for what lies ahead and comply.
Keep reading to find out ... ››› more
- [26 February 2015]
- Three important things you should know about Budget 2015
- Today new Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene is presenting his first budget to parliament. The actual context should interest us as several aspects are expected to influence South African payrolls and employees.
Rob Cooper, Director of Legislation at Sage VIP Payroll & HR, explained for bizmag.co.za that during his medium-term budget policy statement, Nene came across as a no-nonsense Finance Mini... ››› more
- [25 February 2015]
- SMEs and the importance of the Budget Speech. What's in store for 2015?
- Heather Lowe, Head of Enterprise Development at FNB Business declared:
"The Budget Speech provides a good indication of what big and small business can expect from an economic and regulatory point of view. Over the years, significant regulatory amendments have been made during the Budget Speech; therefore, every small business owner should make time to familiarise with the contents of the Natio... ››› more
- [24 February 2015]
- SAIPA says the 2014 Budget Speech didn't do enough for professional service SMEs
- It's exactly a week sinceFinance Minister Pravin Gordhan delivered his 2014 Budget Speech in parliament. While several days have passed since the speech experts and professional bodies like theSouth African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) are still scrutinising Gordhan's speech. Continue reading to find out why the institute believes the speech didn't favour SMEs who provide professi... ››› more
- [05 March 2014]
- Ten key tax points that came out of today's 2014 Budget Speech
- Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has presented his 2014 budget speech in parliament. Here are the important tax points that came out of the budget.
The 2014 Budget Speech is done and dusted. And with it, Minister Gordhan's delivered some good news considering the state of the economy and, more importantly, some good news regarding tax.
The following tax proposals came out today's Budget Spe... ››› more
- [26 February 2014]
- Reduce your company's carbon emissions now, ahead of the introduction of carbon tax!
- Most businesses breathed a sigh of relief on hearing the outcome of yesterday's Budget Speech. Many of the anticipated rises in tax
were left off the table entirely, and there are quite a few area where your business will benefit from tax relief. But there is an area you need to take action today - start to reduce your company's carbon emissions, ahead of the introduction of carbon tax!
The b... ››› more
- [28 February 2013]