- Did your company spend more than triple what you budgeted for PPE last year? Here's how an asset management policy will stop this from happening again
- The one health and safety tip that could save your company thousands this year
Draw up an asset management policy to control your company's PPE by including these seven rules
How to manage your company PPE
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is expensive.
For a hard hat, you're looking at spending about R500 for one. Then you have to multi... ››› more
- [17 July 2017]
- 4 Overlooked items you should include in your health and safety budget
- You are legally required to look out for the health and safety of your employees in the workplace. But let's not fool ourselves! That costs money!
So it's highly recommended you draw up a health and safety budget. What this will do is ensure you can accommodate all health and safety related expenses.
But keep in mind that an effective health and safety budget tends to include items which w... ››› more
- [14 April 2016]
- 2 Steps towards creating an effective health and safety budget
- As an employer, it is your legal obligation to ensure that your workplace is as risk-free as possible. You need to be conscious.
And when it comes to effectively implementing health and safety in the workplace, drawing up a budget is non-negotiable.
You see, very often you'll find employers who don't actually budget for their health and safety needs. And so when health and safety expenses, s... ››› more
- [24 March 2016]
- The budget speech and TAX: Here's what you need to know
- Every year, the annual budget speech is a much-anticipated occasion, with everyone from your neighbour to the economist arguing and debating.
After the budget speech took place yesterday afternoon.
2016 has already seen some stir in the mere 'form' of budget speech's announcer, from the axing of
Nene, to the short-lived Van Rooyen reign, until finally the baton was passed back to Mr. Gordh... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- 'Wealth Tax' is still on the table. How could it affect you?
- In his recent budget speech, Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan confirmed that a 'wealth tax' was under consideration through the Davis Committee.
Now, this shouldn't come as a surprise, as the idea has been thrown around for several months already, with much debate to accompany it.
Now that Mr. Gordhan has reared up the issue once again, you may be wondering a few things, such as 'what is it... ››› more
- [26 February 2016]
- Here's what I think of the upcoming budget speech and what it means for you
- Dear Tax Bulletin reader,
It's that time of year again, where the hopes and dreams of the new financial year are either built up or crushed by the budget speech.
We've seen a lot of comments coming out of the industry from experts in the field, and many believe we're definitely going to see an increase in the tax rates. This is a very real probability judging by the commentary leading up t... ››› more
- [24 February 2016]
- Amazingly simple way to manage your 2016 financial budgets
- I'm not sure about you, but this time of year stresses me out. With just two months left of 2015, there's so much I haven't done that I set out to do.
And there's not much time left to get it all done.
Fortunately budgeting wasn't one of them. I've spent the last month working on this year's financials, and forecasting for 2016.
It's never an easy task, and one I've always battled with. N... ››› more
- [19 November 2015]
- Why your business needs an accurate and functional cash flow budget
- My friend's been running her business for just under 2 years now. She's always finding it hard to meet her financial obligations. At the end of every month - on paper, the business has made a lot of money. But in reality, she's struggling to pay for her expenses. So she was thinking of closing her business.
I asked one of our writers at FSP to have a look at her company's financial records. It ... ››› more
- [09 November 2015]
- News: Employment Tax Incentive to be assessed
- According to an analytical piece on All Africa, the so-called 'mini tax budget', which the Finance Minister Nene gave this month in his Medium Term Budget Policy Statement, can't be ignored from a tax perspective.
This is because a number of the Finance Minister's comments on tax policy will affect businesses in the country. Specifically the Employment Tax Incentive.
*****Ad... ››› more
- [29 October 2015]
- Here's how to manage your company's finances effectively
- Your company's finances need to be managed with diligence.
This a VERY important aspect of management as it ensures that your business is financially healthy and sustainable to bring about prospects of growth.
And, within effective financial management, budgeting plays a critical role in the entire process.
Having said that, here are two tips for you to follow in effectively managing your... ››› more
- [23 October 2015]