- Four strategies to manage your budget & increase profits
- In the past few weeks I've told you the importance of having a budget for your business and I even showed you how to create one.
But today I'm going to tell you how to effectively manage your budget.
Because just developing a budget isn't enough. For you to effectively manage a budget, you and your employees need to be aware of a few strategies.
Here's four strategies you can use to manag... ››› more
- [15 October 2015]
- Six checklists to a improve your business budget
- It's almost December and we all know what that means... right? Holiday, parties, and shopping! Well, not exactly.
What it should mean for you as a business owner is that it's time to put together your business budget.
Hopefully you know the value in having a budget for your business operations and you're not recklessly spending money.
You need to improve your budget so you know exactly w... ››› more
- [13 October 2015]
- Creating your 2016 budget? Don't make these three common mistakes!
- Your business no matter how big or small has to have a long-term vision for itself and a series of short-term plans for how you're going to achieve your vision.
So budgeting helps businesses achieve these visions and plans. But there are still a number of mistakes that people constantly make with budgets.
These mistakes impact the effectiveness of detecting problems in your budget and havi... ››› more
- [08 October 2015]
- Can't pay salaries at the end of the month? Here's how to get your cashflow under control
- Budgeting is one of the most powerful financial tools available to any small business owner.
Put simply, maintaining a good short and long term financial plan lets you control your cash flow instead of having it control you.
So ensure your business is always profitable. With the financial budget you can plan for the future, stay in control of costs, and make better financial and business d... ››› more
- [01 October 2015]
- How to create a business budget plan in 14 steps for January 2016
- January 2016 is just around the corner, which means you need to start planning ahead. But before your business can make money next year, you need to plan how to spend it.
Drafting a budget is the only way to help you turn your dreams for your business success into reality. Without one you won't know how your business is performing from year to year.
Read on as I explain how to create a bud... ››› more
- [01 October 2015]
- Three steps to draw up your health and safety budget
- To implement your Health and Safety programme, you should introduce an Occupational Health and Safety Budget.
Failing to do so can lead to unforeseen health and safety expenses creeping up and denting your pocket. In other words, it is a very good idea to set up a budget to deal with any expenses that may come up.
Here are three steps on how to compile your health and safety budget:
1. ... ››› more
- [06 September 2015]
- Five items you MUST include in your Health and Safety budget
- Quite often employers fail to budget for Health and Safety expenses. This can easily lead to losses because of unexpected Health and Safety expenses. Now, Health and Safety expenses are a guarantee. After all, it is your duty (and legal obligation) to ensure that your workplace is risk free. A Health and Safety budget can save you money and help you implement health and safety in the workplace cor... ››› more
- [20 August 2015]
- Nine top tips to prepare a successful financial plan
- It's everyone's dream to have their own business. Investing so much time, effort and money into a business is scary. So you need to have a financial plan.
The first question you want to ask yourself is, where do you want your business to be in two, five and ten years' time?
If you want to have a solid financial plan for your business and you've decided what your goals are, here are some use... ››› more
- [07 May 2015]
- The top five responsibilities of a financial manager. Are you delegating the right tasks?
- Your financial manager, like it or not, is one of the key employees in your company and you have a thousand extra reasons why you shouldn't give this person more tasks and resposibilities he or she can handle.
So keep in mind that your financial manager is responsible for your company's financial affairs. This includes everything that affects the financial function i.e. legislation, compliance... ››› more
- [22 April 2015]
- Looking for the best financial manager? Here's what the qualifications should look like
- Of course you can leave this to the human resources department. But you could live to regret it a few months later when your company's budget develops into a liquidity trap. Because the truth is, hiring a financial manager is something that requires your direct involvement.
Keep in mind that the person you choose will have to manage the financial department according to sound financial systems... ››› more
- [22 April 2015]