- Review these five aspects when it comes to your company's liquidity
- As the business owner, you're the master of your financial budget, cash, financial operations, financial plan and so on. This means there are always tasks you have to perform on a regular basis and aspects to manage and review.
When it comes to the amount of cash your business has to deal with, there are several facts you should check to make sure you can improve the liquidity position.
Let... ››› more
- [21 April 2015]
- Cash flow problems don't just happen! Here are three things you should know about cash flow forecasting
- Most successful financial analysts in the field have a saying: "You could be bankrupting your business right now and not know it!". In other words, each action we take into present time can actually lead our business to a bankruptcy in two years, three years time!
And that's why it's your responsibility to keep updating your cash flow forecast, as part of your general company financial plannin... ››› more
- [17 April 2015]
- Do you know to identify the relevant costs to your business? Use these four smart questions so you don't miss one in your budget
- You can use several means to identify which costs are relevant to your business and a cost analysis will prove highly useful in a situation like this when you need to clear out any misunderstanding concerning the business budget.
But to know how to maintain a healthy budget and a healthy cash flow, you need to make sure you're not running up unnecessary costs.
So here's how to analyse the c... ››› more
- [15 April 2015]
- If you want to become financially independent, read this now!
- Are you thinking about taking the plunge and starting a business? Or do you want your business to become financially independent?
You need a good financial plan to support your business strategy.
With it, you can focus on reaching your strategic goals and make accurate decisions in all areas of your business.
Read on to discover how to do it correctly and become financially independent... ››› more
- [13 April 2015]
- What you need to know about government's proposed changes to the UIF remuneration threshold
- Think back to this year's 2015 Budget Speech. Do you remember Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene proposing a reduction to the remuneration threshold against which your employees' contributions to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) are calculated? Do you remember him saying he wanted to reduce it from the current monthly amount of R14 872 to R1 000 for one year?
We bet you do.
After all, as N... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- What is a General and Administrative Expense budget? And how can you use it to keep track of operating expenses?
- Today's topic deals with the general and administrative expense budget that help you keep track of operating expenses in your business (excluding selling or production expenses).
Let's look at some general aspects regarding the expense budget and the operating expenses!
What is a General and Administrative Expense budget?
When you set up your General and Administrative Expense budget, you... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- Defining fixed and variable costs that make up your manufacturing overhead costs: What you need to know
- Fixed and variable costs make up the manufacturing overhead costs and today we want to showyou the differences that exist between the two by giving you some examples that will help clear up your confusion.
So let's see what are the differences when we talk about variable and fixe manufacturing costs!
What you should know about variable manufacturing costs:
Variable manufacturing costs chang... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- The essential facts you need to know about your company's Sales Expense budget
- As a business owner, you need to make sure you understand the importance of a Sales Expense budget. Here's why...
If you don't understand what costs will escalate with increased sales, you'll lose control of company spending.
But what exactly is a Sales Expense budget?
Sales expenses are those expenses directly related to selling a product. As a result, your Sales Expense budget lists the t... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- Three manufacturing overhead costs you must include in your company budget: How it's done
- If your company is a manufacturer, your budget will include various elements that you won't find in a regular budget. And this includes overhead costs.
These costs are tricky to account for, so here's what you should know about them...
How to account for manufacturing costs in your compay budget
Since manufacturing costs are indirect costs, you can't match them directly to specific jobs or... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- Six vital components the Financial Section of your Business Plan must include
- The components of the financial section of your business paln vary from other areas in the business plan and they occupy their own specific segment in the major plan.
Today, we want to discuss each of them in a proper manner so you know what you need to include.
Here are the six components you need to include in the financial section of your business plan:
A financial forecast isn't nece... ››› more
- [07 April 2015]